Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

world's loudest

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:41 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: world's loudest

how can they declare themselves the worlds loudest 8's anyway, im sure they didnt test every single aspect/sub.

bigjsp thats pretty cool, but dont you need an amp(s) thats capable of doing 5.1 sound? such as alpine digital theater amp......

Old 03-24-2007, 03:04 PM
bigjsp is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazinloud
bigjsp thats pretty cool, but dont you need an amp(s) thats capable of doing 5.1 sound? such as alpine digital theater amp......
My dvd unit is only a player with a digital audio out and video. I have a sherwood 5.1 1/2 din processor which also acts as my main volume control.and also has the capabilities of accepting 2 channel audio from myClarion AutoPC which doubles as my AM/FM radio and backup CD player although it normally has aGPS map disk. . The sherwood has 6 RCA's 5.1 which I run to 4 different amps. System wascurrent back in its day still works well.

there was a local shop which did a Honda as a demovehicle with8 eights but they didn'tput enough amplifier IMO and kept blowing the speakers, but this poor vehicle was gettting push into distortrtion at least once every 15 minutes.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:33 PM
BF Veteran

sounds like quite the setup, I'd love to hear it in person.........surround gives music so much more depth. I recently got my first 5.1 H.T and I was like a kid in a candy shop.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:54 PM
nai0013 is an unknown quantity at this point

What happened to sound staging?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: nai0013

I have several live to 2 track albums and even without the center the fairly equal path length for the compressionhorncreates imaging that is decent. The horns are passively crossed for >600 hzand the lowest theoretical frequency at which you can determine position by path length difference in an s-series is477 hz.

I have reduced thisproblem even further in myfun vehicleas I aligned the voice coil of the horn with the midbass and moved the crossove point down to 500 hz.. I am in the process of adding some other neat stufftoo
http://www.dropndrag.com/images/show.../DSCN1291.html

Old 03-25-2007, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran

lol, ya thats a little over my head, whoosh!

Old 03-25-2007, 11:21 PM
golovemd is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bigjsp

ORIGINAL: nai0013

I have several live to 2 track albums and even without the center the fairly equal path length for the compressionhorncreates imaging that is decent. The horns are passively crossed for >600 hzand the lowest theoretical frequency at which you can determine position by path length difference in an s-series is477 hz.

I have reduced thisproblem even further in myfun vehicleas I aligned the voice coil of the horn with the midbass and moved the crossove point down to 500 hz.. I am in the process of adding some other neat stufftoo
http://www.dropndrag.com/images/show.../DSCN1291.html

It's like he's trying to communicate with us. H-E-L-L-O M-Y N-A-M-E I-S M-I-K-E. W-H-A-T I-S Y-O-U-R N-A-M-E?

Old 03-26-2007, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: golovemd

It's like he's trying to communicate with us. H-E-L-L-O M-Y N-A-M-E I-S M-I-K-E. W-H-A-T I-S Y-O-U-R N-A-M-E?
LOL, sorry, I'm new to this forum,not sure at what tech level the threads take place.

I mean you no harm ................just take me to the audio visual moderator and hardcore audio members.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 AM
golovemd is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bigjsp

ORIGINAL: golovemd

LOL, sorry, I'm new to this forum,not sure at what tech level the threads take place.

I mean you no harm ................just take me to the audio visual moderator and hardcore audio members.
Ah, me understand now. Here leader guy:
https://blazerforum.com/showProfile.asp?memid=1343

Old 03-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Here I am. Im currently building some passive crossovers for my new front stage. Adire Extremis 6.8's and Vifa Tweets. gng to be powered by a Zapco Ref 200.2.

Quick Reply: world's loudest