Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

00 jimmy - project blackout

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Beginning Member
007jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default 00 jimmy - project blackout

im new here so i figured i would introduce everyone to my ride. its a 2000 gmc jimmy slt. fully loaded with all the bells and whistles... i got it about 1.5 years ago and have been workin on it ever since.. it had a blown motor when i purchased it for 700 bucks.. did the swap myself and got the motor out of a 04 safari.. as of now it has 35k on the motor and 11k on the trans and transfer case.. i wrecked it twice in the last year... both front end colisions, both time some one ran a redlight... one when i was turning left and the other i was going straight... i totaled both cars i hit so i decided this was a safe truck... lol.. i have about 8k invested in this truck not including all the body work from the accidents.. but it gets me wherever i wanna go so i cant complain... i like to talk by the way so sorry if this is forever long... but ill just get to the pictures...

shortly after the first accident... got hit on the passenger front... s10 grill swap and new fender fixed that... along with these rims i ha sitting in my shed...

never did get a front valence before the second accident a year later...

pre lift and 31s... just blackout the grill and put the stock wheels back on cause it rode like **** with the 18s

right after the lift and doing some flexin shots driving on the old rims and tires...

then the second accident... beat rad support, busted lights, cracked cervani hood, and in need of a new fender.... again... lol

bent rim as well...

new grill, lights, rad support, etc....

new rims... eagle alloy 107s i think... didnt swap the tires yet..

didnt like the grill or headlights so this is where she sits today...

having a little to much fun...

my offroad vids..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjV029Cj1Do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esgWBZvAhPk
thanx for lookin... comments welcome...

Last edited by 007jimmy; 06-17-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

looks good man, im not fond of the orange accents but its deffintly different and looks good none the less. lol maybe if you had some more rubber on those 18's the ride would of been a bit better.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 AM
Beginning Member

yeah but at the time i wasnt sure weather to go up or down with it... you can see in a few of the pics that i already have a low c10... i have 3 of them accually. but at the time i jsut had that one... plus that was jsut a temp fix while i got a new tire... first one blew out in the accient.. i have really bad luck when it comes to tires but am smart and get the warrenty... they even cover accidents and acts of god... lol

Old 06-18-2009, 07:52 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol...this truck is like the bastard child of GM ...Chevy front end, Jimmy body. lol.
I like it though, minus the accents. It's a bit too bright for my taste lol. Those tires looks awesome though.
And I have to say those rims in the first couple of pics are wayy too small for the truck (or maybe it's just the lo-pro tires?). The proportions look silly on the truck IMO lol. If you're going to put rims like that on it you'd have to go big with 20's or higher
Still, a great lookin truck man

Old 06-18-2009, 08:41 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Looks good, are you going to paint the hood?
Any future plans for the truck? Like blacking it out?

Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Beginning Member

future plans for the paint include a full flat black job for now... then probley gloss black when i have the money and stop scratching it when i take it on trails.. as far as the suspension goes i am far from done... im taking the susension out of a 78-79 bronco and narrowing the axles, d44 front, 9 inch rear and adapting the radius arms onto my truck... i wanted to do a leaf sfa but radius arms would make it that much more unique... 12 inches of lift and atleast 40 inch tires... so yes it is a bastard child... lol.. ford parts will be in the mix shortly... lol..

Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

damn..you might as well throw jeep rims on there, and a dodge ram logo...
Really though, can't wait to see the work in progress/complete. Should be a beauty by the sounds of it!

Old 06-27-2009, 12:26 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Future plans - stay away from idiot drivers!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Looks good. Those pin stripes haave gotta go. LOL

Old 06-30-2009, 02:33 AM
Beginning Member

thats my goal for the body of the truck

Quick Reply: 00 jimmy - project blackout