Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

04 4dr 4wd build/rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member
philipfreire is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
this

I personally just don't like body lifts...
Whats wrong with body lifts? Just don't like seeing the extra frame?

Old 07-15-2017, 09:31 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by philipfreire
Whats wrong with body lifts? Just don't like seeing the extra frame?
actually body lifts on blazers look stupid unless you you throw some rock sliders on to hide the frame

Old 07-16-2017, 02:43 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
actually body lifts on blazers look stupid unless you you throw some rock sliders on to hide the frame
this... there's already enough frame showing under the S series stock...

Old 09-17-2017, 08:08 PM

Been a little while since the last update.

Let's see...

Trimmed the outer edges off the front lower valance; one side was cracked and barely hanging on from when I had the 31" Dick Cepeks on it and a lug caught it and busted it... At least it's even now. Makes it look like the truck has a little more ground clearance IMO lol

Threw on some junkyard front brake pads... The right front rotor is warped, can tell when on the brakes coming to a stop, and I think that's what ate up one of the pads. So I tossed on some like-new pads from the junk yard to hold over for a little bit before I order some drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads.

Tossed on a throttle body spacer that I got for free. No but-dyno power increase or noticeable MPG difference, but it makes a cool whistle noise when on the throttle at just the right position, so it'll stay on there for a little bit lol

Managed to find a 2 door spare tire carrier!

Got it mounted up. You may notice that I had to remove my taillight guards to install it oh well...

And promptly got a matching wheel and a matching size meaty tire to put on it

Gave it a few baths...

Reminded myself why I don't play in the mud anymore...

Fixed my 4-high mod that stopped working because the wire I used to ground was too small... I put a nice beefy wire in there now. Also threw back on my old 24" LED bar onto the brush guard and wired up to the high beam circuit.

Attached a CB antenna to the rear spare tire carrier. Have yet to run the antenna wire or hook up the CB radio. Another project still on the list.

You may also notice that I put the aftermarket taillights back on

And most recently, acquired a 50" curved LED bar from work (junk yard) and used some 99-06 Silverado mounts to bolt it on! Still have to wire it, but it's solidly mounted in place at least; that's the hard part, to me anyways...

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 09-17-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:11 PM

Next up on the list after getting the new light bar wired up and the CB installed is to get that winch mounted on the front!

I also have a set of 5.7l heads getting worked on. I'll be tearing the 5.7l block down eventually on a stand in the garage. The plan is to just throw $50-$100 a month at it over the course of a year and built it up stout and reliable. I'll take a week off work for vacation and when I come back from my vacation, I'll be driving a V8 Blazer Have a LOT of plans for it; cam, head work, etc... It'll have some get up and go, but still mild enough to daily.

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 09-17-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:19 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

ever done something with that V8 you pulled?

Old 11-12-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by error_401
ever done something with that V8 you pulled?

Not much, it's been on the back burner for a little bit...

Been working on other things. Got my winch all rebuilt, will be ordering the mount soon!

Tore the dash out last week and put a heater core in it. THAT was fun... Surprisingly no screws left over after reassembly and everything worked after the job!

Today I tackled something that's been aggravating me for the past 3 years... I've been staring at a service engine light for a P0452 code ever since I changed the fuel pump. Well today I think I nipped that in the butt!

I've tried swapping the tank pressure sensor 3 times with no results. Finally I decided to actually probe the 3 wires on the plug. Ground was good, sensor to computer was good, but no 5v reference. So I knew I had a wiring issue... So I starter unwrapping the loom starting at the plug, didn't get but an inch in and found the 5v wire was VERY soft, like the wire inside was actually broken and the only thing it was hanging on by was the wire covering. After I unpinned it from the plug and gave it a tug (a very LIGHT tug mind you), my suspensions were confirmed... The wire just broke right off...

Luckily I just so happened to have an extra plug harness. It's nice working in a salvage yard

So a snip and splice later and everything buttoned back up, cleared the light and so far it has yet to throw the code again!

I'm guessing that way back before I ever got the Blazer, whoever changed the fuel pump at one time dropped the tank without unplugging the harness first and it stretched the wires. Then when I changed the fuel pump again, wiggling the wires around was enough to do it in for good and completely loose connection. The other two wires seemed fine, odd that just the one was damaged..

Old 11-21-2017, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

For the tailgate mounted spare tire, what did you do for reinforcement for the bolts that attach the hinges?

Old 11-21-2017, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by christine_208
For the tailgate mounted spare tire, what did you do for reinforcement for the bolts that attach the hinges?

Actually just the largest flat washers I could find. So far no issues what so ever.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:33 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

The spare tire carrier looks great on there, especially with the matching spare.

Are you planning to wire the upper light bar to your high beam switch also? Ore rum an auxiliary switch for that one?

Quick Reply: 04 4dr 4wd build/rebuild