Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1999 4dr 4x4 LS Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Beginning Member
DreezyBeezy is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 4dr 4x4 LS Build

Well, i figured i'd start a build thread since my truck has come a decent way since I first got it

started of as a 99 LS 4dr 4x4 I picked up with 113K miles for $700

after about 10k miles i got bored with it, and it was hit in the front and drivers door, so I decided to rebuild the front suspension, and to a tbar tweak and shackles while I was at it, as well as some Rough Country shocks. I also removed the fron valance since it was cracked badly.

as it sits now, im waiting to get an alignment to throw the 31" BFG's on it, Im currently bed lining the bottom half of it, and I just got back from the junkyard with a new door, and a spare tire carrier off of a ZR2

more pictures to come after I finish the bedliner, get the 31's installed, and eventually mount the tire carrier. anyone want to help?!?!?!?! FREE BEER (for those of legal age of course)

-Dreezy

Old 06-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Beginning Member

also in the somewhat near future will probably be an AAL for the back, a 2" PA body lift, and some 33's when the 31's get worn out

Old 06-25-2012, 02:10 PM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

Looks nice! For that cheap its a good project truck!

Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Beginning Member

thanks! yea I couldnt pass it up for $700, the only thing that didnt work was the A/C so I couldnt complain

Old 06-25-2012, 04:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

awesome find for 700
wish i was a little closer...i would help ya out.

as far as the rear springs i would recommend a set from the yard... z85 and then take the longest spring from your current pack and cut the ends off and toss it in.
two for two...new spring packs and a homemade add a leaf.
reason i say that is i can see your leaves look a little flat in the one pic.
mine looked like that before...then they started to invert, not good.

Last edited by warthogdriver; 06-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Beginning Member

they are deffinetly flat, which is why i wanted to do an AAL, I was actually going to PM you about the tire carrier.

if you have a free day or two, I would be willing to pay for your gas if you wanted to come out and give me a hand. I even have a 26ft trailer in the back with a bedroom if you dont want to drive home! haha I'll PM you my phone number if you would be interested in that and we can work something out

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

time is tight for me during the summer i work two jobs...one for pepsi other is landscaping.
what is your time frame to get the job done?

Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member

I'm not really in a rush to do it tomorrow or anything, I still have to sand it down and paint it as well as weld in a new wheel stud as one of them is broken off. If you are interested in helping out I would work off of your time frame

Old 06-25-2012, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran

Well normal days off are tue and wed from pepsi and then i do landscaping on my days off sometimes depending on work load.
pm me when you have a time frame in mind and i will see what i can do.
Glad to help ya out

Old 06-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Beginning Member

well, I finally finished up the bed lining, as well as painting the rear bumper

about to go outside and throw on a new trim piece for behind that back right qtr glass. $5 junkyard score FTW!!!

hopefully by this weekend it will have an alignment and the 31's on it. been trying to find a set of the first gen blazer "12 hole" wheels, but with no luck

Quick Reply: 1999 4dr 4x4 LS Build