Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1999 GMC Jimmy 4dr "In-between Lift"

Old 03-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Beginning Member
MatthewRM18 is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 GMC Jimmy 4dr "In-between Lift"

I have a 1999 GMC Jimmy 4dr SLT that is bone stock except a stereo system. It sits super low right now as they come stock, and I would like to lift it. I would like the stability and the bargain of the Rough Country 2.5 inch lift, and I want to fit 31x10.5 inch tires with no rubbing. I would prefer not to do any cutting, so I was looking for a larger lift, but the 6 inch lift is too high and the stability/reliability is lost. I am aware that a body lift may be the answer, but that poses its own large set of issues. Are they any lifts you guys are doing that are like 4 or 5 inches? I saw the BDS 5 inch lift, it costs like 2 grand, that is as much as my Jimmy is worth, so that is out of the picture. Thank you for any response.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:46 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

What issues are talking about with a body lift?. None that I know of. Easy to do also, one afternoon. Along with your RC lift and you have your 31s, maybe 32`s

Old 03-06-2015, 04:48 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

What set of problems are you referring to with the body lift? That is going to be your best bet for lifting and fitting larger tires, but you'll need to combine it with either the rough country lift or a shackle/t-bar crank combo. However, both of those will cause increased wear on your front suspension and front 4x4 components.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:49 PM

Dang, new guy. You posted before i refreshed the page!

Old 03-06-2015, 07:19 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by lazyboyjake
Dang, new guy. You posted before i refreshed the page!
Sorry man LOL

Old 03-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Beginning Member
MatthewRM18 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure, just heard issues of covering up the gaps and all, but I guess with the 2 inch PA body lift you don't really get a gap, the issue is, I don't have the space in my garage to do it, or the time, so I would make a shop do it. Do you guys think they would charge a fortune for both kits to be put on(RC 2.5" and 2" PA body lift). Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:21 PM

The gaps will be there, but they do sell gap guards for that exact reason. And you'd just have to call around and see what the local shops would charge you.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:29 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Check all your body to chassis wire looms; steering shaft angle and parking brake cable adjustments. Make sure the trans shift cable is functioning properly. Just some of the issues to check.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:02 AM
BF Veteran

If your mechanical a shop may be good for the suspension lift. The body lift is easy and the 2 inch comes with all the extensions for cables and such you`ll need. I did mine in my back yard

Old 03-07-2015, 05:05 AM
BF Veteran

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 GMC Jimmy 4dr "In-between Lift"