Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   2000 Chevy Blazer Build (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/2000-chevy-blazer-build-95266/)

ohyeahjay 09-04-2017 07:09 PM

2000 Chevy Blazer Build

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up this Blazer a couple of weeks ago. Had one before and missed it so I decided to find another one. Just sorting things out now and getting ready for winter. Not sure what direction I'm going yet but probably just a nice clean cruiser.

ohyeahjay 09-04-2017 07:15 PM

Fixes/mods so far include: aligning the rear wiper, complete wash and detail, undercoated, added two new front shocks, replaced driver side seat adjuster, new lower driver side door seal, new dynomax super turbo muffler, airfilter, cleaned MAF, painted rusted tow hooks, removed rusted out trailer ball and added blue tooth device (thanks GreenBlazer2002).

ohyeahjay 09-04-2017 07:29 PM

Upcoming items: fix some surface rust spots, replace rear shocks, annual safety inspection, change plugs/wires/cap and rotor, add 1.25 rear wheel spacers, general grabber AT2 235/75/15, husky floor liners and some vent shades. That'll probably do it for this year.

don james 09-04-2017 09:06 PM

That looks like a twin to mine..I hope it is in as good shape as mine was...I added a pin stripe and it dressed it up a little..........just needed a little color....

I'm shopping for mufflers...you mentioned dynomax, how is that for sound???......I'm wanting just enough to hear the beat. ;-)

You're not asking for recommendations, but I have to say that i just put the new injection system in my blazer and i wish i would have done that the first week that i had it.........maybe yours has been done....??.

good luck with it....

ohyeahjay 09-05-2017 07:14 PM

It was the condition that sold me on it. Low miles and very clean. It was owned by a senior couple that undercoated it every year and fixed whatever it needed and it shows. I think the rear bumper will need replaced next year, starting to rust bad and I seen the pictures of one on here that is doing the same thing so I started to look now for a replacement.

Muffler is barely noticeable, I just wanted a quick replacement and only paid $50 for it.

I always like recommendations and I have the parts picked out through amazon for the injection replacement. It runs well now so it may have already been done and this isn't my daily driver so I can park it if I have to.

don james 09-05-2017 07:35 PM

Amazon lists the ac delco,... that may not be what you get.......see if you can search for spider assembly in recent posts.......they sent me two of the exact spider [NOT AC].....there are a few other reviews on that spider that say the same...

you might look elsewhere......

you will know in due time if it has not been changed ;-)

ohyeahjay 10-01-2017 08:10 PM

ordered some wheel spacers tonight (1.5") and then going for safety inspection Tuesday. I went over it quick and shouldn't need much, brakes or a ball joint maybe but we'll see.

Tajohns34 10-03-2017 07:21 PM

Wheel spacers are illegal in some states, just keep that in mind when you go for safety. Nice blazer though. Welcome to the 2000 blazer club.

ohyeahjay 10-03-2017 07:32 PM

Good point on the wheel spacers however I am good here in NB. Blazer passed safety without a hitch, mechanic was surprised how good of a shape it was in for the year/area. Had a P0147 show up this morning. I cleared it for now and will replace if it pops up again.

ohyeahjay 10-13-2017 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
picture of the spacer