Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   2000 Chevy Blazer Build (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/2000-chevy-blazer-build-95266/)

ohyeahjay 09-04-2017 07:09 PM

2000 Chevy Blazer Build

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up this Blazer a couple of weeks ago. Had one before and missed it so I decided to find another one. Just sorting things out now and getting ready for winter. Not sure what direction I'm going yet but probably just a nice clean cruiser.

ohyeahjay 09-04-2017 07:15 PM

Fixes/mods so far include: aligning the rear wiper, complete wash and detail, undercoated, added two new front shocks, replaced driver side seat adjuster, new lower driver side door seal, new dynomax super turbo muffler, airfilter, cleaned MAF, painted rusted tow hooks, removed rusted out trailer ball and added blue tooth device (thanks GreenBlazer2002).

ohyeahjay 09-04-2017 07:29 PM

Upcoming items: fix some surface rust spots, replace rear shocks, annual safety inspection, change plugs/wires/cap and rotor, add 1.25 rear wheel spacers, general grabber AT2 235/75/15, husky floor liners and some vent shades. That'll probably do it for this year.

don james 09-04-2017 09:06 PM

That looks like a twin to mine..I hope it is in as good shape as mine was...I added a pin stripe and it dressed it up a little..........just needed a little color....

I'm shopping for mufflers...you mentioned dynomax, how is that for sound???......I'm wanting just enough to hear the beat. ;-)

You're not asking for recommendations, but I have to say that i just put the new injection system in my blazer and i wish i would have done that the first week that i had it.........maybe yours has been done....??.

good luck with it....

ohyeahjay 09-05-2017 07:14 PM

It was the condition that sold me on it. Low miles and very clean. It was owned by a senior couple that undercoated it every year and fixed whatever it needed and it shows. I think the rear bumper will need replaced next year, starting to rust bad and I seen the pictures of one on here that is doing the same thing so I started to look now for a replacement.

Muffler is barely noticeable, I just wanted a quick replacement and only paid $50 for it.

I always like recommendations and I have the parts picked out through amazon for the injection replacement. It runs well now so it may have already been done and this isn't my daily driver so I can park it if I have to.

don james 09-05-2017 07:35 PM

Amazon lists the ac delco,... that may not be what you get.......see if you can search for spider assembly in recent posts.......they sent me two of the exact spider [NOT AC].....there are a few other reviews on that spider that say the same...

you might look elsewhere......

you will know in due time if it has not been changed ;-)

ohyeahjay 10-01-2017 08:10 PM

ordered some wheel spacers tonight (1.5") and then going for safety inspection Tuesday. I went over it quick and shouldn't need much, brakes or a ball joint maybe but we'll see.

Tajohns34 10-03-2017 07:21 PM

Wheel spacers are illegal in some states, just keep that in mind when you go for safety. Nice blazer though. Welcome to the 2000 blazer club.

ohyeahjay 10-03-2017 07:32 PM

Good point on the wheel spacers however I am good here in NB. Blazer passed safety without a hitch, mechanic was surprised how good of a shape it was in for the year/area. Had a P0147 show up this morning. I cleared it for now and will replace if it pops up again.

ohyeahjay 10-13-2017 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
picture of the spacer

ohyeahjay 10-13-2017 06:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Comparison from side to side. Driver side installed and passenger not yet installed.

ohyeahjay 10-13-2017 06:11 PM

I'm happy with it, looks better and everything lines up nice. Short drive and all was good. I'm going to put a few miles on tomorrow and double check everything.

Hadyss 10-13-2017 09:39 PM

Looks great. I just got a set of 2” today here is my 2000
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...57211c189.jpeg it as 1” spacers all around the 2” are replacing the back

ohyeahjay 10-14-2017 07:59 PM

Put some more miles on today and all was good. I thought it felt more stable and my wife agreed and she isn't a car person so if she noticed a difference then I'd say its a good investment for anyone on the fence. I'm going to re torque everything just to make sure then on to some new tires.

ohyeahjay 10-20-2017 07:34 PM

checked the spacers and all was good. Picking up some winter treads tomorrow and started to investigate the blower motor resistor. The cover is missing so previous owner must have been looking at at one time. I'm going to pick up a new one and try to fab up a cover. Going to look for a new rear bumper as well, everything is rusted here so might as well go new.

Tajohns34 10-30-2017 02:37 PM

I got lucky with my bumper. I found one that someone had pulled off at the junk yard that only had some minor surface rust on the inside. If I hadn't found it I would have bought a new one.

ohyeahjay 10-30-2017 07:56 PM

LMC wants 192 Canadian but is out of stock and my local NAPA wants $250 Canadian so I'm thinking it through.

ohyeahjay 12-13-2017 07:58 PM

I've had a stuck rear caliper bugging me so decided to just buy new pads, rotors and calipers. New fuel filter change and service as well. Hate to spend so close to Christmas but it is what it is.

ohyeahjay 01-27-2018 09:52 AM

New drivers side wiper arm installed. All is good now so hopefully won't have that issue again.

Starting to plan the spring/summer upgrades:

intake gasket fix, plugs/wires/cap/rotor and probably do the spider injector too. Any other items I should do at the same time please let me know.

Replace the rear bumper, few rust spots cleared up and repainted
replace rear shocks and find a nice set of summer rims

ohyeahjay 04-08-2018 07:44 PM

the rear bumper has really been bothering me so I bought a replacement through Stylin Trucks. 20% discount code came in the email so thought it was as good as a time as ever.

Tajohns34 04-09-2018 08:43 AM

Those look a lot like the spacers that I am running

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...4eb0e04496.jpg

ohyeahjay 04-09-2018 07:29 PM

Sure do, I've checked mine twice and seen no issues. I've never run them before so I wanted to keep checking them just to be safe.

Order got cancelled for my bumper, not in stock I guess. However LMC has them in stock now so I guess I'll try them.

Tajohns34 04-10-2018 09:34 AM

I have been running them for around 5 years with no issues.

ohyeahjay 04-21-2018 05:43 PM

Bumper has landed, looks good. Not sure what route i'm going for paint, i thinking flat black but I'll think about it for a week. Installed the headlight/turn signal covers as well.

ohyeahjay 04-21-2018 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
picture with the covers on, i'll probably paint the bowtie black

N. Jensen 05-01-2018 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ohyeahjay (Post 689273)
picture with the covers on, i'll probably paint the bowtie black

I ordered a set of black outs after I purchased my Blazer. I did not like the turning signal covers, as they just double-side taped/velcro'd up.
I used some vinyl tint and a heat gun, then applied over my signal lamps. I have fogs, so I didn't want to cover those up. Has held up nice for almost 4 years.

I did keep the actual head light covers, though they don't attach very well with aftermarket head lamps I have.

Edit: I did my bowtie the same day as my signal lights, but with a gloss black vinyl. Still looks great. On my new grill I just picked up, did the same thing.

ohyeahjay 05-02-2018 07:13 PM

Did you buy the pre cut vinyl or did you cut it yourself?

ohyeahjay 05-02-2018 07:16 PM

Got the rear side pieces and the bumper off. Going to clean up the area and undercoat it while everything is off. Then I got to get the painting done on the bumper.

N. Jensen 05-02-2018 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ohyeahjay (Post 689787)
Did you buy the pre cut vinyl or did you cut it yourself?

Cut it off a larger piece with an xacto knife. I will post a pic tomorrow morning.

N. Jensen 05-03-2018 05:43 PM

Here are some pics. It is smoked vinyl, not black. And it's raining like a son of a... here today.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...0011b2ecfa.jpg

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...b3d7cd7d6b.jpg

ohyeahjay 05-12-2018 06:39 PM

rear bumper project is now done. Bumper turned out ok, (this was my first time painting). The driver side rear plastic bumper piece got painted as well but it doesn't quite match, not sure what happened there. Anyways one project done and now saving up for intake manifold replacement and tune up in the fall.

ohyeahjay 05-12-2018 06:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
before, during and after

error_401 05-13-2018 04:43 AM

Nice job. Good to see the rust gone.

Tajohns34 05-18-2018 07:58 AM

Looks good, I did the same thing about 2 years ago. These bumpers rust from the inside out, so by the time you see it the bumper is toast.

ohyeahjay 06-03-2018 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the bowtie painted today. A lot better than that faded gold color for sure

Tajohns34 06-04-2018 08:59 AM

I like the bowtie in black, especially with the dark headlights. I painted mine silver because it was really faded. I like the gold on it but it looks horrible when it fades.

ohyeahjay 06-23-2018 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
scored a set of weather tech front mats and trunk liner for $35

Hadyss 06-23-2018 08:38 PM

I got mine brand new and cost almost 100 justfor the fronts totally worth it though and a great find I love mine

ohyeahjay 07-21-2018 09:46 AM

Installed plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor button. Plug number three was a bugger but i got through it. I took the wheels off to make it easier and it took me five hours with two breaks and dinner. I suspected to find the original plugs however there was champion plugs in and they looked ok. Cap and rotor button needed replaced as they had some carbon buildup. It started right up so I guess all was good. Cap snapped when i was tightening it so may need to replace it. Everything was tight but may have tighten it done too much.

chevyriders 07-21-2018 09:59 AM

Ah yes, the infamous number 3 plug lol.

If the cap is cracked, I'd replace it- or you'll start running into issues with it when it's wet out. they don't like moisture in there.

Nice work on that bumper too!