Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2004 Trailblazer LT Small build

Old 05-14-2016, 08:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Lights look awesome Rich! Want to do the ones on my Denali? I have an extra set of tail lights that I was going to put blue LED strobes in.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:38 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Thanks!
I tried to go down the road of building for people. There is not a streamlined process to do it cost effective and efficiently.
With the work that goes into it I would have to charge around 500$ for a pair or a bit more.
Some day I will get a ink jet printer and start producing my own circuit boards instead of using perf board. That would help the process out, a lot.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Custom etched boards maybe?

Old 05-15-2016, 12:10 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Custom etched boards maybe?
I have thought about that, The other thing is if I were to do that it would take the "fun" out of the hobby, if that makes sense.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:26 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

It does, kinda. I'd probably have just as much fun designing the boards on some software, then the custom etching process, then the finished product after. I had a lot of fun messing with software for custom schematics for a school project to make them look nice.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran

All white everything!

Painted the grill white today to match the rest of the truck. Now it does not look like it has a huge tooth gap anymore.

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Trailblazer LT Small build-all%2520white%2520everything_zps8jch4hqo.jpg  
Old 05-23-2016, 07:41 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Looks good. I never liked the chrome strip on the grills, that is why I painted mine all black, along with the bumper and headlight trim..

Old 05-23-2016, 07:56 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
Looks good. I never liked the chrome strip on the grills, that is why I painted mine all black, along with the bumper and headlight trim..
Thanks, the chrome strip on mine was white from the factory, but the black mesh inserts were not.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I neeeeeeeeeeeddddd a non filtered or non B&W pic showing its true beauty please!

Old 05-23-2016, 01:32 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I neeeeeeeeeeeddddd a non filtered or non B&W pic showing its true beauty please!
I will get you one. the lady of the house took that one.

Deleted the garbage can resonator yesterday and put in a 18" piece of straight pipe with a dual tip.
Exhaust rattle gone and it looks and sounds better.

Also going to be picking up these headlights in the near future. Others are slightly faded and have a bunch of surface cracks, besides. these ones are black!
Black Housing Headlamps Amber Corner Turn Signal Lights for 02 09 Trail Blazer | eBay

As requested. The picture without a filter.
I will have to do a shoot again once all the mods are done.

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Trailblazer LT Small build-52fe050e-7b7c-486f-a90d-5fe1c9caa3d5_zpsq6vjc8yl.jpg  

Last edited by richphotos; 05-23-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 Trailblazer LT Small build