Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2010 Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 Upgrades

Well in the next few weeks I will be doing a few upgrades to the bravada. Well Today I took the truck in for inspection/emissions and needed new sway bar links. They were shot. So first upgrade for 2010 was fresh inspection stickers lol.

Today I got my new set of wheels in 20" Helo's, still waiting on the tires. 255/40/20 Toyo Proxes.

This is what I had before. really liked them but one started to peel and they were discontinued,so under warrenty got a new set.

Tomorrow I should be getting my ssbc brake calipers and slotted rotors for the front. these big wheels really kill my brakes, so decided to go with some better stopping power. This is what they look like.

I also ordered a color matched suede dash cover. Dash is starting to fade alittle.

Other plans are:
- Finish undercoating the frame
- Hid kit for fogs
- repaint roof rack
- debadge the hatch
- fab the dash to fit my 7" kenwood dvd player
- rewrap my sub box. I was an idiot and layed a wheel on it, which scratched and stained the leather. I been thinking about keeping it in leather or redoing it completely in color matched suede. We'll see. this is what it currently looks like.

I will post pics as soon as I get everything in.

Last edited by Unlimitedsp; 04-04-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

How much are the calipers running you? If they're cheaper than C5/6 calipers I might look into them when I put the 17's on.

EDIT: Nevermind, talk about sticker shock! Looks like used 'Vette calipers for me!

Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 PM

I paid $600 shipped for the calipers. Comes with ssbc performance pads and hardware. Thats for the powdercoated calipers. They also come in Clear Anodized for $500 shipped. the rotors were $93 each

Last edited by Unlimitedsp; 04-01-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

That looks like a great setup for wheels and breaks. i'm just happy Michigan doesn't do inspections and what not

Old 04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Helo makes some nice rims. i also like the big brake kit. I'll have to look into those.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 PM

That looks like a great setup for wheels and breaks. i'm just happy Michigan doesn't do inspections and what not
yea inspection sucks. only good thing is my mechanic isnt to picky and will let a few things pass

Last edited by Unlimitedsp; 04-01-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

I really like those wheels. and there probably gonna look real good with your color.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:36 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Hey Luis, those are damn fine rims. If I may say so, even better than the old ones! Def will look good on the Bravada. (& my black beast) I like them a lot.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:13 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
I paid $600 shipped for the calipers. Comes with ssbc performance pads and hardware. Thats for the powdercoated calipers. They also come in Clear Anodized for $500 shipped. the rotors were $93 each
When I put in 2000 Blazer 4wd, the only calipers that came up were 3 piston and $1500. Link to yours?

Old 04-02-2010, 07:37 AM

Quick Reply: 2010 Upgrades