Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

86 blazer with 54" swampers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sisk
pics are kinda small...lol. Must be nice to be able to throw all this money into something that is purely for show
Static balance.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:55 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
throw all this money into something that is purely for show
PFT! I'm doing that right now. Paying to look at her sit in the drive way. Advertising my mechanical chops

As for this sweet machine, i can't wait to get home so I can see this baby. I have a feeling this will end up looking a lot like a life sized kid's toy

Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for the teaser shots-what else ya got?!?

Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Beginning Member
larrysmachine is on a distinguished road

Well we got the front drop down braced and welded in this afternoon. will be building up the drop downs for the back of the front springs tomorrow. I hope to have the front complete tomorrow, other than the fun stuff like steering, drive shaft ect....
Should have some more pics in the PM tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your customer is going to have to be very careful driving that truck around. Your work looks good. It'll definitely keep the truck aloft, but without more significant bracing, it will likely not withstand dynamic loads while braking, etc. But that's just the mechanical engineer in me talking.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:37 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Subscribed I wanna See this!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Beginning Member

Smartlkk,
You are correct on the bracing needing to be a bit better, what I have now will let us get it in the air to do a good mock up on the tires to see what needs trimming and such. Once the front and back are up then I will sturdy it up some more.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Administrator

You'll want to do most of your bracing to the back to hide it more. Plus you do not have as much frame rail to work with out the front. Some custom skid plates will hide the bracket nicely as well. Aluminum diamond plate?

Again, keep up the good work!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You'll want to do most of your bracing to the back to hide it more. Plus you do not have as much frame rail to work with out the front. Some custom skid plates will hide the bracket nicely as well. Aluminum diamond plate?

Again, keep up the good work!
I have 4" gussets in the back going to the frame now, I don't think I posted pics of them. I like the idea of using skid plates to hide the bracing as much as possible, I will see what the extra cost will be and recomend it.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

This needs to be renamed- Project BAL (Big A$$ Lift)

Quick Reply: 86 blazer with 54" swampers