Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

94 Blazer homemade bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Beginning Member
M. Lowes is on a distinguished road
Default 94 Blazer homemade bumpers

My 94 Blazer needed some help with the bumpers. This is my first off road truck.
This is a trail truck where protection is needed.
I removed the stock bumpers and Factory tow hitch to gain a little ground clearance. (For sale if any one needs them.)
The truck will be on a trailer for transport. Easy tie downs are needed. I installed a receiver front and rear for my future plans of having a winch.
The stock bumper bracket was shaved 1/2" so the 4" channel Iron would sit flat. Then the upper stock bolt hole was used, and a new hole was drilled to secure the bottom of the 4" channel.
To help protect the frame and better secure the bumper 3/8 flat Iron was bolted to the stock tow hook mounts using the flat tow hook metal insert.
The rear uses the same bolt locations as the stock bumper and tow hitch. Four at each corner.
My next project will be to flip the rear axle to gain 2" of lift. and crank the T-bars a little

Attached Thumbnails 94 Blazer homemade bumpers-blazer-front-bumper.jpg   94 Blazer homemade bumpers-rear-bumper.jpg  
Old 07-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They certainly look functional!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Where did you get those bumpers?

Old 07-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe he made them.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Beginning Member

Most of the metal was in the garage.I did have to buy more C channel for the front bumper. Also the chain loops.
I'm getting better at making receiver tubes. I can't see paying $18 for a 8" long 2' 1/2" tube with a 1/4" piece of 3" around the outside. The C channel is cut to slide the 2 1/2" tube inside. Then welded front and back.
This is the first time building a bumper for a truck. I have built a few snow plow mounts. Much the same style work.
I have been debating on putting some 1" tube in front of the lights. I figure I will wait till I put on the 3" body lift to see where I'm at then add them.

Last edited by M. Lowes; 07-05-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet go ram something!

Old 07-08-2009, 04:11 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Cool bumpers... nice work!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:35 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Sweet! Looks good man!

Old 07-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by amazinnblazin
Sweet go ram something!
They are so new and shiny I almost hate to hit anything.
I'm sure they won't stay shiny for long.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

A couple of small trees will fix that lmao, it doesn't take much to scratch stuff.

Quick Reply: 94 Blazer homemade bumpers