Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 Bravada (Trail Edition)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member
chaffinyo is on a distinguished road

Very nice Bravada, I see some things that my Olds "needs" now. thanks for the inspiration

Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

TMM217-The nerf bars are from Go Rhino! I'm pretty sure they have some for 2 doors too. I don't remember the name of the liner but I'll find out where my dad picked it up. & Thanks bud.

Chaff- Thanks bud, not to many bravadas on here so it doesn't take much to stand out lol

Matt- I'll go out & get some when I get some time.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Nice work. Not that I'd do any of it except maybe bedlining it when rust takes hold. Like I said in another thread I bought mine cause it's a street queen.

One quibble: Why go to all the trouble to pull the factory filter box and put in a K&N if you're not going to build a heat shield around it? Negated any gains especially when you go low and slow off road.
Next time you're hitting the boonies, Borrow a scanner .. take along a big cardboard box and boxknife and duct tape. Hit the trail and watch IAT.

Then go back, build a box around it so it can only easily get air from outside and do that trail again.

Lower IAT = more max power.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 AM

I know that I need to getta heat shield around the filter I'm just waiting until its warmer out & I have the time to mock one up. but thanks for the heads up. As far as the rant on the other page anybody can do anything they want on their truck me personally I plan on doing a xcase swap down the road... now I know alot of people think its a waste but I don't & that's why its my truck. so basicly to each, his own.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:00 AM
oldsbravada2000 is on a distinguished road

Hey man how did you get that amp to work with your bose system? Did you bypass the factory amp or just start with a whole new system?

Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM

I ended up running a whole new harness for the door speakers from the head unit to the qmp and to the speakers. But i just left the dash speakers hooked up to the bose sys.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:01 PM

Soon To come a set of soft 8 Steelies & a custom built tool box outta 12 guage steel & powdercoated at my work! XD

Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 PM
NWBackwoods is on a distinguished road

Great looking Bravada! I just picked up a 97 and am starting the process of converting it from a grandma grocery getter to a brush wacker. Yours sure is looking good.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:36 AM

Thanks bud and enjoy your true awd if i knew now then i woulda bought a pre 98 thou im not big on the front ends on them.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 PM
NWBackwoods is on a distinguished road

I just kind of lucked out, I got it "then" did the research. I see a transfer case swap on your list, that should wrap that up? I did that on one of my 1st gen blazers, it wasn't "quite" as bad as I thought it would be. Origonally I was looking for an other 1st gen blazer but they are getting hard to come by and I came across the Bravada.

Give me a little info in this front end, I haven't had a problem yet, both wheels spin well. I haven't noticed any problems yet.

During one of my many hours reading up on the bravada I have found that your year has a electronic four wheel drive activator. Do you think there would be a way to wire that thing up with a manual switch.

I thought about starting a build thread but springs, couple of wheel spacers, and new tires aren't much of a build. Yours sure has come a long way.

Last edited by NWBackwoods; 03-22-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: 99 Bravada (Trail Edition)