Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

All white everything - 2000 Blazer LT project

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Beginning Member
wardlarson is on a distinguished road
Default All white everything - 2000 Blazer LT project

I'm making this topic to force myself to start posting when I do something to my blazer. anyway my end goal is to have an all white blazer, nice and clean looking. Pictures tomorrow some time but so far I have:

-Debadged
-Took off side trim pieces
-painted chrome bowtie strip on the grill white
-installed head unit (obviously not necessarily related to the exterior, but it's something).

This week I'm going to be doing some serious scrubbing to get rid of the grime left under the side trim pieces. I'll also be painting the bowtie as well as painting my bumper eventually if I don't buy a replacement (mine has a small dent that bugs me). also need new wheels, tires, paint the fender trim, paint the black accessories around the truck (license plate light valences, for lack of a better term). the list goes on and on...

Old 10-17-2010, 10:09 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I've done the bowtie in white, and the headlight trim rings.
looks sharp. good luck!

Last edited by cbr995; 10-17-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Beginning Member

judging by your sig it looks great. thanks man

Old 10-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Allwaysblazin is on a distinguished road

If you need a new bumper ( or anything else for that matter ), try WWW.LMCTRUCK.COM. They are kinda expensive BUT... they have EVERYTHING! Every seal, switch, bracket, bushing, panel... Oh you get the point. Did I mention everything? Good luck with the all white. Easy to keep clean at least.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Beginning Member

thanks, I just ordered the lmc catalog, thanks for the tip. I'm sure I will drain my wallet in no time looking through it

Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Pictures!!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member

i know man haha i keep forgetting until it's dark out which makes for terrible photos. tomorrow I will take some though right after work

Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Beginning Member

picture time:

debadged rear:

Removed rocker trim (still need to clean up obviously):

Detail of removed pinstripe (i think the previous owner painted the lower half of this door... definitely a ridge of paint and the whites dont match):

Aforementioned bumper damage (not huge but bothers me. thinking of removing the black trim but I'll probably just buy an OE replacement front bumper without the trim holes and paint it all white):

Painted the bowtie bar (dont know what else to call it haha) last weekend. used to be chrome. I like it white much better:

Detail. Very pleased with how it came out. 2 coats of primer, 4 coats of white, 1 coat of clear (all rustoleum rattlecan products):

Head unit installed:

Another angle. Installed nice and clean. I'd never done anything like this before so I was pleased with the ease of installing it. It's an Absolute brand but looks good, sounds good, has USB/SD input, video out, etc. $94 from sonicelectronix:

Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Beginning Member

I'm fairly pleased with my interior... not too much I'm thinking of changing. I may get a woodgrain interior kit but I'm not that serious about it just yet. also worried that it would look tacky. I would like to build up my audio system eventually but I'm pleased with having ipod capabilities for now (didnt for about a month... ouch).

For those curious, my Blazer is a 2000 LT model, 4WD, 4 door, automatic transmission, 4.3L vortec v6, 94500 miles, leather interior, all of which is clean. The exterior has a few little things here and there (bumper for example) but it's also mostly good condition. I bought the truck August 24, 2010 for $5000 cash from a private party. I'm the third owner of the truck and the second owner only put 2000 miles on it in 2.5 years of ownership. As it's an LT model I believe it has most of the options available for the year.

If anyone has wheel opinions, lets hear them. I'm torn between going rugged or street style... I do live on a great offroading mountain and I take it up there for portraits (beautiful scenery) all the time (im a freelance photographer in my off-time). I'm up for any ideas on good wheels.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

AWESOME!!! Looks clean as hell.. Your driver side light looks a little loose though...

Quick Reply: All white everything - 2000 Blazer LT project