Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Beats a Jeep any day (Pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:30 PM
ZaBlazer99 is on a distinguished road

thanks!! Last question on that, how hard are they to install because i dont think that i will be able to afford to pay to have someone install them for me...

Old 06-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Beginning Member
SnowBlaZeR2 is on a distinguished road

I bought mine from a guy on zr2usa.com that used to sell them through synergy. Its been a few years, but it was a bit of a pain in the *** if I remember. I didn't have a garage, a compressor or a torch then though. I had to drop the fuel tank and the bushings were stuck to the old shackles so that added to my annoyance. If I can change it in my yard with a socket set and some others odds and ends, you should be good. Be careful with the fuel pump if you have to drop it. The inlet lines are plastic and are easy to break.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 PM
ZaBlazer99 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the heads up, my fuel pump is already messed up, the sensor that reads the tank is broken so i have no idea how much gas i ever had but anyway my blazer is only a 2 wheel drive...will this still work for me?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah it should. I think your frame may be a little different than mine, but the shackles should be the same.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Beginning Member

4wd quit on me last trip out. After a little investigating it looks to be cracked vacuum lines. I'm going to go ahead and permanently fix the problem with a Bravada axle shaft. Going to pick one up next week for $30. I'll probably replace a few other things while I have it apart. I can't wait to order my duramax so I can get this thing where it needs to be.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:19 AM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

Your truck is awesome man. Need to start actually doing stuff to mine just been so busy since I bought it a couple months I haven't done much...

Old 07-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Beginning Member

Not much of an update, but I was able to locate a Bravada with AWD. Grabbed the axle shaft and tube from that and an electric fan from an Intrepid. Both are going in next weekend. Also replaced the VSS after some issues I was having with the speedometer, transmission and warning lights. Got some other small things in the works too.

Only set me back $30:
Name:  2012-07-21_12-24-46_554.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  186.4 KB

Last edited by SnowBlaZeR2; 07-25-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Love the ZR2! I hope to get one soon, they are amazing trucks

Old 08-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Beginning Member

Don't have any pictures, but a small update. I've been fixing things that need it the last few weeks. The truck has been running hot on the trails and the 4wd has been working when it wanted to. This weekend we installed an AWD Bravada axle shaft and an electric fan from an Intrepid with a kill switch. Truck ran cool on the trails with the AC on max, and no issues with the 4wd.

I've got a few things I want to get put inside the truck to make camping/wheeling trips more comfortable, and then I'm going to start building a few things. My KCs also quit working on me, so I need to track that down as well.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:25 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Very cool truck man, wish I had a zr2 instead

Quick Reply: Beats a Jeep any day (Pic heavy)