Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Benedict's Blazer

Old 06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

nope my gf's dad has it. He hasn't touched it yet

Old 06-15-2012, 07:53 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

You gotta bringing her back from the dead! Just throw a 350 in her and she'll be good as new!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:37 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I think you mean better than new.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Lippyp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby

But I have to disagree with you on one thing. The blazer nor any other suv was meant to go fast. It has power yes to pull stuff or to go somewhere. But that is all it needs. If you want more power or to go faster, go get a sports car. Trucks were meant for torque anyway. And since the blazer's 4.3 is essentially a 350, that should tell you it wasn't meant for speed. The 350 is slow yes, but like what you saw on topgear america, it is bulletproof. By saying the 4.3 has no *****, you are also knocking the 350 that it is based off of. I think both engines are strong and are meant for durability. They have flaws like okay gas mileage and a bit slow but they will hold up. Just had to get my .02 out lol.
I have to disagree with you there, not so much about the Blazer but theres plenty of fast SUV's, clearly you've not heard of a Range Rover Sport, a Porsche Cayenne, Audi Q7, BMW X5, these are not exactly slow. Theres a company over here called Overfinch that for years knocked out tuned Range Rovers fitted with small block chevys and they were very quick for such a big old truck. Hell, my wifes 2.0L diesel Nissan X-Trail has 173hp and a sub 10 second 0-60mph and does 34mpg and thats as standard.

As to the 350 being slow, what about all the muscle cars with small blocks in? You can wring serious horsepower out of a 350, hell, the 350 in my 67 C10 is running around 300hp and trust me, it ain't slow. Speed is also not just about power it's also about power to weight ratios and gearing. I had a friend who put a tuned 350 in a 1969 Vauxhall Victor here in the UK and it was totally mental if you could stop it going sideways. OK smog era small blocks were strangled by crap heads and emissions gear and put out pretty lamentable power for the displacement but its not hard to get rid of all that and to produce decent power/torque.

Last edited by Lippyp; 06-21-2012 at 10:52 AM.