Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Black Tie

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Beginning Member
mpaczosa23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool The Black Tie

Hello every one, this is the story of my '99 two door black 4x4.
I came to own The Tie after my s10 pick and I got hit by a semi and destroyed the front end( i came out with out a scratch some how). I used the insurance money to buy The Tie from a local body shop, it was a salvage, the passanger side was hit by a big white Lincoln.So the guy fixed it kind of on the cheap so their is some things to be improved on body wise but it was the right price.
Since I have owned The Tie the upgrades have all been performance minded. It started with an Airaide intake and filter and a cherry bomb class pack to help the 4.3 liter breath a little better. After finding this wonderful forum I learned about t-bar cranks to gain lift, so i lifted the front that way an inch and a half, and raised the rear the same with some schakles from Synergy.com. I got some craigar soft 8 black rims wrapped in some intrexo trxus sts i got for a 200 bucks. They were not a great offroad tire. This May I bought a set of Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ(31 x 10.50). These are great, I have tested them out in a muddy field I usually get stuck in. I have started to builed a push guard out of 2inch round tubing, I am setting it up so I can put a winch on it in the next year or so.
The next big thing for The Tie will be a PA two inch body lift to help give the 31s a little more travel room. I want to transplant a spare tire swing on the back, I got the tire swing just have to figure out how to install it. I am going to make a lightbar for the cargo rack with an extra crossbar.
The big dream: what I would really like to do with The Black Tie is kind or radical, I have seen people take a vortec V8 and install them in to a blazer. I am starting to do my home work on that project, it seems pretty straight forward. Then once I have made the engine swap I want to set a pair of half soild 6 lug axles, maybe dana 44 or gm 12bolts front and rear. This may be a way down the road since right now untill I am done with college The Tie is my daily driver.
If any of you who take the time to read this have any helpful hints in the future projects please let me know. I will try to get some pictures on here as soon as I can.

Marcus in Nebraska

Last edited by mpaczosa23; 05-21-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have somewhat of a plan. Any questions, just ask away!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

All sounds good. I just have one question? Where are the pictures?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:09 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Cant wait to hear more!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Beginning Member

I went fishing last weekend and dropped my camera in a river so pics will be a little ways down the road but they are coming

Marcus in Nebraska

Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a fishy pic story. LOL

Look forward to seeing what you're doing.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:12 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Beginning Member

well every one i got a new camera today so tomorrow i am going to wash the tie after if it doesnt rain again and try and get some pictures posted this weekend then later this week after a muddin trip with some of my friends

marcus in nebraska

Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Sweet, can't wait to see them

Old 06-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Pictures....

Quick Reply: The Black Tie