Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Starting Member
snuffy is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer Build

Looking for some ideas on this project.

I bought it pretty cheap because it was parked when the trans started slipping. I changed the filter and fluid and was working but I didn't run it long.So it may need a trans in the future.

It was sitting for a few yrs and some critters got into it and made them self's at home. They made a hole in this cover.

I took it this far down to also do some cleaning.

Right now I am looking for some ideas on what way I should go. I have half a mind to pull the motor and trans to clean the engine and engine bay. The engine runs good though, no issues there.

I am planning on giving it a more stout stance, not sure how, maybe a body lift or turn the T bars up and get new rear leaves. Then a set of 30" tires

Any ideas? Pros/Cons? All ideas welcome

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Blazer Build-photo1_zpsd01022f0.jpg   Blazer Build-blazerpics3005_zps17c7f8c6.jpg   Blazer Build-blazerpics3004_zps7d39b942.jpg  
Old 11-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Looks like you have a good start! My suggestion is to just look around see what catches your eye and proceed in that direction. There are a ton of awesome build threads on here with allot of info and ideas

Old 12-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Starting Member

Thanks, still not sure what way I want to go with it, maybe just a body lift and some more aggressive tires.

I am taking my time so progress will be slow.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Starting Member

I got it put back together and took it for a quick spin. I got it up to temp first then drove it to see if the trans was going to give me any trouble when up to temp. Didn't slip once. Gonna do some more dump and fills then change the filter again and then add some kind of slip cure additive.

Also, it does need a hub/bearing and I found the driver side axle shaft boot is torn. I may just replace the whole thing.

Trivia for you guys, what's missing? Hint, I broke it trying to remove it. Any idea's?

Attached Thumbnails Blazer Build-1-3-15015_zpsf6c3b0ce.jpg  
Old 01-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Starting Member
tenorsaxdude is on a distinguished road

Looks like picking up radio stations is a bit of a challenge for you

She looks quite clean

Old 01-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by tenorsaxdude
Looks like picking up radio stations is a bit of a challenge for you

She looks quite clean
I can't get anything passed you guys. I broke the antenna trying to get it off, rookie mistake.

It's not in bad shape. It does need a hub/bearing and will need a radiator.

We picked it up thinking it would be a good parts car for my wife's Jimmy, but it's starting to grow on me and I really like it.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Starting Member
tenorsaxdude is on a distinguished road

Funny I have a parts Blazer of my own (of sorts). She's tucked away in the corner of the local pick yard haha.

Its a brand new drop of as of a few months ago and is also a 2001. I've already used her a few times for minor things. However my most recent part need will need to be from a Jimmy. The chrome trim around the grill cracked when the road hit it. So I'll be going back to the main Blazer/Jimmy isle soon

Old 01-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Starting Member
Default Update

I diagnosed a bad hub/bearing, ordered one and replaced.

I used a brand called Precision, anyone use this brand before? I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

I still have a bad shake in the front end, I think the tires are out of balance. So next up is a new set of tires, I am gonna try the Kumho Road Venture AT KL78. P235/75R15 Anyone tried these?

I noticed that when I put the left turn signal on it flashes real fast, the right turn signal flashes normal, I am guessing it's a bad flasher.

Lastly, after messing around under the hood I picked up a p0101 code. Any chance this is just a bad MAF?

Thanks guys.

Attached Thumbnails Blazer Build-blazerhub-bearing1-30-2015002_zps9d1316e7.jpg  
Old 02-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

The fast flashing is probably just a bulb out.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Starting Member

Thanks I'm gonna check that out.

On a side note, It was real cold here in the north east on Sat. never got above freezing. I jumped in the Blazer to move it and it just went "click" . I grabbed the pulleys and turned the engine a little, not seized. As a shot in the dark I grabbed a heat gun and heated up the starter and she fired right up.

Quick Reply: Blazer Build