Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Blazer Denali Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member
Edgardomc is on a distinguished road

The idea came a few years ago, when everybody was swapping their engines for 6.0L in to the K5 blazers the favorite vehicle for our Hobbie, Desert Dunes Off-Roading.

So I started a little research for my next project, how to get all the new tecnology in to my K5, including the engine, transmission, ECU and virtually every thing to perform like a new SUV but with the look of our beloved K5.

At the end we come up with this, getting a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL take off the body, and change it for the 1989 Chevy Blazer my Dad gave me as a present.

That being said! now I invite you to the process of doing this from the teory to the practice!

More Detailed updates and pics at my blog:
my blog

Old 07-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Beginning Member
dna59 is on a distinguished road

I'm looking forward to see how this project progresses.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

wow crazy project. this could turn out really cool if you can make everything fit right

Old 04-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Beginning Member
Default Still working...

some wires...
It's been a while since my last post. but the project stills runing, well, I mean walking since it been a little slow, has we are trying new way of doing things. Like the Aluminiun ROLL CAGE, BUMPERS, AND SEATS. Yeap! All that made of Aluminium.

After installing the body to the Denali Frame, the adaptations to fit all the components to the blazer wasn't easy. a lot of things where modified, THE GAS TANK AND PUMP, THE DASH, STEERING WHEEL COLUMN, THE TRANSFER CASE, RADIATORS, AIR FILTER, BATERY BASE, AND A LOT MORE...

Making the Aluminium roll cage was a real chellenge too, since it was the first time for Victor Martinez to do a job like this.

in the picture above this one you can see the aluminium weldig, it takes 4 to 5 times to weld aluminium insted of steel.

The skidplate was made of a 1/4 thick aluminium sheet, and computer engraved.

The bumper should hold 4 Rally 4000 of 100W (I show them on the next post)

The seats were made of an aluminium frame as well, reaching an aprox. 5 kilos(11pounds) total weight each.

4 2.5 remote reservoir FOX SHOX will be installed, right now we just installed the rears, as the front suspension will be a little more complicated as I like hahahaha!

I think we'll finish the project in a couple of month now, so I'll keep the pictures progress, thank for whatching...

Blazer-Denali Project

Old 04-22-2012, 07:21 PM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

Looks bad *** i cant wait til its finished!

Old 02-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Beginning Member
Default Finally finish project... or don't?

I really needed to show you guys the finish result of this large and long project I started 2 years ago, the was a slow process, but belive me this just outpass our expectations, in handling, suspenssion, power, the look, well I very pleased with the results, it's been like 3 moths since, the first test on the dunes, some "minor" issues with the old fuel tank causes the filter en pump to cloak, I put on a new tank and pump and problem solved. here are some images hope you like it, will post more pics tomorrow, there are some I have on my old Iphone, the las project pics, paint and stuff, I will also post a video.

Attached Thumbnails Blazer Denali Project-img_1315.jpg   Blazer Denali Project-blenali1383.jpg   Blazer Denali Project-blenalicover2.jpg   Blazer Denali Project-img_1372.jpg   Blazer Denali Project-img_1364.jpg  

Blazer Denali Project-img_1354.jpg   Blazer Denali Project-img_1339.jpg   Blazer Denali Project-img_1324.jpg  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yup I just came a lil!!!

Sorry if that offends anyone but its true!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Yup I just came a lil!!!
Don't worry... So did I.

Oh. My. Gawd.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

holy **** man thats one impressive baja truck. alot of craftsmen ship and hard work into this. im very jelious of this truck i bet she must handle like a dream off road. great job on the build

Old 02-12-2013, 05:15 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Seriously impressive build. Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: Blazer Denali Project