Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

blazer woody

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Beginning Member
esserville is on a distinguished road
Default blazer woody

I just finished putting a1987 s10 blazer back on the road. To get the job done I bought a identical blazer for parts.I am going to try and make a woody out of the donor blazer.Has any one done this? I have removed the skin from the tail gate and will finish it first on a trial and re do basis. have a small wood shop and spare time so Ill see how it goes. If anybody has any thoughts on doing this please chime in. Who knows it may turn out to be a ok project.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Beginning Member
sscandyman is on a distinguished road

this sounds cool, did you have any luck ?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Beginning Member
esserville is on a distinguished road
Default blazer woody

I shure have,after a little try and a lot of error,I have the tail gate and the bottom half of the doors completed except for the final finish.I have decided to use a wood floor in behind the front seats.The rear seats will not be put back in.I will post some pictures in the near future. I am recovering from a health problem and havent been to the garage all winter.I have used the time to plan anddecide how to proceed.It is going to be different for shure.Im leaving the front end stock except for a blacked out grill.The basic colr on it is a very light tan color,I forget the name of the color right now but I can see now it can be done.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Starting Member
maj2002 is on a distinguished road

I'm looking onto turning a blazer into a woody, too. can you share your "errors' so I might avoid those - and make new ones. You said you stripped the skin on the tailgate - did you do that on the doors as well? What did you use for panel and molding material? How did you fasten it all to the body?

Old 05-06-2011, 01:48 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

PICS! PICS! PICS!

the masses demand pics....this sounds to cool to not have any..

..come on man dont hold out on us.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I want some pics for sure woodys are sweet

Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Starting Member
sinmax is on a distinguished road

I've found some pics of "little worn" Woody:
woody blazer picture by gmcsyclone - Photobucket

this week I start to rebuild my 1992 S-10 (not this from the pics!). First - frame, leaking tank, exhaust (anybody knows how FLOWMASTER super 44 sounds like?), damaged left side doors (smbdy did it on supermarket parking AND RAN AWAY) than I'd like to turn my Blazer into WOODY. My friend "who knows the matter", suggested to use special polymer foil, but still I'll have to use wood for surrounding slats!
Any ideas how to fix it - glue? screws? ...
Please respod!
Sinmax