Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Blazer's going topless

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer's going topless

We decided yesterday to start taking the top of my baby...The bolts were fairley easy to get off. A lot of them weren't even tight. Guess that explains why the top leaked at the sides! Took maybe an hour to get the top fully off. The pain in the you know what part is screwing all the snaps onto the body in order to put the soft top on. Yeah it's an original old top. The guy I bought it from made it out to be easier than it is! hahaha We got some snaps in only to find that they were off by half an inch...now we have to move them and fill in a few holes. But we finally got it straightened out. The side snaps and the back snaps are in. But once it started to get cold out there was no getting that top on. I definately know why the guy always put it on when it was hot out! Anyway here's a pic of her "topless" until we get the rest of the snaps in today and get the top on completely.

Attached Thumbnails Blazer's going topless-photo0242.jpg  
Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice. Here's my dollar. LOL.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Starting Member

hahaha only a dollar? She's still got a body! She's not all droopy and saggy looking! lmao

Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AllEiz0nMe
hahaha only a dollar? She's still got a body! She's not all droopy and saggy looking! lmao

Weelll....$2 just seemed so dirty.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, but now you have to do the full convertible conversion! LOL Just find a good 73-75 windshield frame and start cutting! Then, and ONLY then can you be truely TOPLESS!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Starting Member

hahaha I don't know about doing all that. I like the 91's just the way they are...But they do look awesome as full convertibles. Like yours!

Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'd throw you 1$ or 2$...but they don't like when you do that up here in Canada (speaking from experience..hahaha )...because its all change lol. The smallest bill we have is $5..so I'll throw one of those
Looks awesome though, perfect for summer cruisin.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

havnt seen one in a long time.. that really looks nice.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Starting Member

And here she is with the soft top FINALLY put on.

Attached Thumbnails Blazer's going topless-photo0243.jpg  
Old 05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice!

Quick Reply: Blazer's going topless