Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

CSFI to MFI Conversion Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009 | 01:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Same information and more can be found here as well... It definitely is worth it to get the MFI spider to replace the SCFI spider if the old spider is found to be bad. It is not a performance upgrade though.

Old 07-09-2010 | 02:29 AM
Beginning Member
rdlyn is on a distinguished road

just a quick question but does anyone know how the spider injection from pk12568332 (gm parts direct spider pn 19210688) compares to the 12568332? The latter part number was recommended to me but I misread the price and went with the pk kit instead. Haven't installed it yet....supposed to get it around the 14th. I see a lot of guys saying the pk injector worked well for a month or so, then it was back to regular performance (I understand that neither one of these are a performance upgrade, right)? Anyway....just wanted to see if I should go ahead with it or put it up on ebay when it comes in and get a better one if it's out there. Thanks for any advice!!

Old 07-09-2010 | 12:51 PM
Survivor is on a distinguished road

Not to steal the thread, I would defiantly recommend the MFI over the SCFI. I did the conversion awhile ago and will second the throttle response and idle comments. I also picked up some mileage, and it starts easier in hot weather.

Old 07-18-2010 | 12:13 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Ok. Glad you cleared that up. Most people just bend the heck out of them with only removing the bolt at the intake.

and they're usually the ones coming on here, begging for an answer to help fix their problem.

The biggest downfall of the SCFI spider is the problematic poppet nozzles. If cleaned regularly, they will not be a problem, but...
ok.......so how do you recommend that Kyle? using a fuel system cleaner?

kinda leary of pouring in a chemical to strip away any of the contaminants.

Old 07-18-2010 | 08:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
ok.......so how do you recommend that Kyle? using a fuel system cleaner?

kinda leary of pouring in a chemical to strip away any of the contaminants.
I run Chevron Fuel System Treatment Plus (20 gal bottle) at every oil change in all of my fuel injected vehicles. Dump it into the tank before you fill up and forget about it.

If this hasn't been done throughout the life of the vehicle, things could be gummed up to the point that an over the counter product won't have much of an impact. In these cases, a professional injector cleaning would have better results, but even at that, if things are running poorly and no preventative maintenance has been done, the spider may need to be replaced to remedy the condition.

Old 09-05-2010 | 06:36 PM
Starting Member
DadB is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer Blues

Same old story. '97 Blazer 4.3L vin code W. Hard to start, runs rough, nasty tip-in stumble, run better when warm. Lifted the hood and sure enough, smelled fuel. I started to remove the upper plenum but got a surprise when I removed the electrical connect from the spider. Is it possible to have fuel in the connector well due to a leaking pressure regulator??

Old 09-05-2010 | 09:50 PM
Administrator

If you have fuel under the main electrical connector, the FPR is not to blame. That would be bad seals on the injectors. But this is a build thread, not a tech help discussion thread... :icon _wink:

Old 09-05-2010 | 10:12 PM
beyondbasic is on a distinguished road

The biggest downfall of the SCFI spider is the problematic poppet nozzles. If cleaned regularly, they will not be a problem, but...
my truck was running like CRAP when i bought it, after rebuilding the tranny and dif, it drove good but still ran like crap, i put in a new fuel pump,filter,dizzy, just to have it fresh still ran like crap. dumped in 2 bottles of lucas gas/injector cleaner runs like a dream lol. i HATEEEE the poppets in this motor. i work for a dealership they come in like hot cakes.

Old 09-09-2010 | 09:56 PM
b00xtreme is on a distinguished road

i've been doin a little research lately and i've still not really found an answer....can this same kit and everything be used on a 95 blazer? i have a cpi correct?

Old 09-09-2010 | 10:00 PM
Administrator

The CPI motors have a completely different injection system than the 96+ SCFI motors. This thread only applies to the 96+ SCFI motors.

Quick Reply: CSFI to MFI Conversion Pics