Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

dual exhaust of v6 99 ls

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 05:26 PM
elilstravis is on a distinguished road
Default dual exhaust of v6 99 ls

ok i have a chevy blazer and i dont like my oe exhaust and or my single glass pack. so i want to do a dual exhaust true dually at that. 2 cats x pipe all 02 sensors would be nice to keep. im new too blazer and havent been a big fan since ive gotten this one, one headache after another. magine with all fo you 2 since theres a sight for it. ne ways since i want to keep my o2 sensors can i a weld a bung for the rear o2 sensor after the cat on an x pipe. and will it work. if ne one has done this itll be great im not dumb and i am auto mechanic my self jsut want some for thought on how to go about doing this. thanks eli

Old 07-04-2010, 05:34 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

From time to time other members have wanted to do this. Look through the threads in the 'Headers, Intake, & Exhaust' section or use 'Search' and see what we have discussed already.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by elilstravis
ok i have a chevy blazer and i dont like my oe exhaust and or my single glass pack. so i want to do a dual exhaust true dually at that. 2 cats x pipe all 02 sensors would be nice to keep. im new too blazer and havent been a big fan since ive gotten this one, one headache after another. magine with all fo you 2 since theres a sight for it. ne ways since i want to keep my o2 sensors can i a weld a bung for the rear o2 sensor after the cat on an x pipe. and will it work. if ne one has done this itll be great im not dumb and i am auto mechanic my self jsut want some for thought on how to go about doing this. thanks eli
First off, welcome to the forum. Second, just because theres a forum for a vehicle it doesn't mean theres a lot of headaches associated with the vehicle. Theres forums for high end Euro sports cars, just as there are for grocery getters like Malibus. All a forum means is that there are some enthusiasts for the specific vehicle. Just saying.

To answer your question, heres how to add an o2 bung to exhaust pipe. This vid shows it on a motorcycle, but exhaust pipes are exhaust pipes. Same basic principle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNeZrAdP2nM

And not to be a jerk or anything, but if you're a mechanic, wouldn't that be one of the things you learned how to do before becoming certified? I'm not trying to call your a liar or insult your possible profession or anything, but this is the internet where roughly 99 out of 100 people on car forums claim to be a mechanic. I'm not one myslef, but just seems drilling a hole into a pipe and tig welding an o2 bung is something that would be covered.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:07 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

My opinion:

- longtube headers to Cat converters to X pipe to mufflers to tailpipes.

Might as well do the headers now since you're going through the trouble or re-working your exhaust.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:19 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phil
And not to be a jerk or anything, but if you're a mechanic, wouldn't that be one of the things you learned how to do before becoming certified?
Yea that would be covered. Dual exhaust would be sweet but it looks like a PITA to run the exhaust. Also, punctuation and grammar go a long way. You already said your not dumb, just slow down so we don't have to read it twice to figure out what your saying. Let us know if you go threw with the exhaust!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Xtremechubs is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a dual exhaust in my blazer and its a side exit with dual flowmasters

hope this helps its kinda weird but the left bank exits out of the right side and the right out of the left.

Last edited by Xtremechubs; 07-13-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Xtremechubs is an unknown quantity at this point

magine with all fo you 2 since theres a sight for it.
i don't know if you knew this but you posted in the builds section... Most of the threads are about people who want to take there blazer to another level that the average consumer wouldn't.

Last edited by Xtremechubs; 07-13-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:58 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

magine with all fo you 2 since theres a sight for it.
Actually we are called enthusiasts and welcome.