Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

former glory

Old 10-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Beginning Member
burnout350 is on a distinguished road
Default former glory

been along time since I've had spare bank role to spend on the blazer. I'm not into spending money on useless things i wont use or need, so you wont see me jack my rig up 4ft in the air. however i may do a shackle lift (but not for a long time)

I plan on just keeping this thing til the wheels fall off. At the moment it has 170,000 miles on it, and it had around 130,000 when i got it. I'm currently doing some maintenance with the electrical system (acdelco plugs, and then some cheap wires) turns out the plugs i pulled out where stock!!! it use to run at 2500rpms at 65mph and now im close to around 2100rps at 65mph. I was averaging 18 mpg before, so im looking forward to seeing what my gas mileage is now.

next on my list of things to do is either fix my o2sensors and cat, or replace my input shaft seal that is leaking.

since this pic was taken there has been damage done to the front of the hood. i was on a date, and she said she wanted to go back to her place. went to start the blazer and nothing. went to pop the hood and it wouldn't open. so i beat the crap out of it until it opened lol i was in a hurry. (lose power wire, and bad hood latch) so anyway now it has a few dents. Ive been thinking about grabbing some rhino liner and doing the fist 1ft of the hood in it, after i fix the dents that is. Just think it would be a lot simpler then painting the whole hood. thoughts?

more recent pictures to come

Old 10-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Beginning Member
burnout350 is on a distinguished road

checked my mpg with the new plugs and I'm getting 16 mpg now. Last time i checked it i was getting 18 mpg pulling a jetski. only thing i can think of is that i dint check the gap on the plug's before i installed them, totally forgot you think tat would make that big of a deal?