Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

German 98 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I wouldnt trust those air shocks for a lift. if you are really looking to keep your rear end from sagging get an add-a-leaf kit from superlift. They are only $70 for the pair of leafs and they are fairly easy to install.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Steinbruchsoldat is on a distinguished road

I don't want to use them as a lift. But there's a lot of weight added and I want to use them to handle the weight. When I'm going on a trip and put a lot of things on the car I can air them up.
That's why i prefer them instead of add a leaves...

Not to mention that I can get them in germany...

When my air system is finished I'll also do a in cab air controller for the shocks to adjust them while driving...

Damn, i can't wait until saturday to get those tires mounted...

Old 12-02-2010, 03:29 AM

Managed to get home for a few hours and couldn`t resist to snap pics of the tires:

As you can see they`re a good bit bigger than my Mickey Thompsons, althought they should be the same size...

This is another reverse light I got. I`m planning on mounting it on the swingout, but I didn`t figure out where for now. Any suggestions?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
SSGuy is on a distinguished road

I can see that you´re missing those headlight washers. Did you remove them or did they come off at some point, maybe by accident?

I´m asking because i´m missing one on the passenger side and have no idea where to get those.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 AM
BF Veteran

woah are those bigger than 31's?

Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by SSGuy
I can see that you´re missing those headlight washers. Did you remove them or did they come off at some point, maybe by accident?

I´m asking because i´m missing one on the passenger side and have no idea where to get those.
Hi,
I removed them because I think they're useless and there was no more room because of the winch.
You are deployed in Germany? What do you do and where are you at? If you need those things i can sell them to you for a few €'s...

And Benedict, those tires are 31's, but as you can see they're bigger for some reason...

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
woah are those bigger than 31's?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:37 PM
BF Veteran

depending on the brand 31's can be anywhere from 29.5 inches to 31.5. kinda stupid imo. you should measure the diameters of both tires and see what they actually are. I know my 31's really only measure up only a little over 30 inches. I like the tires you got, other than they are probably going to be really loud on the highway.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:01 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Steinbruchsoldat
Managed to get home for a few hours and couldn`t resist to snap pics of the tires:

I want!!!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:19 AM

I have...

Will be home in a few hours. Then I'll paint the spare rim black. The tires will be mounted tomorrow morning...

Old 12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
SSGuy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Steinbruchsoldat
Hi,
I removed them because I think they're useless and there was no more room because of the winch.
You are deployed in Germany? What do you do and where are you at? If you need those things i can sell them to you for a few €'s...
I´m sure they´re useless. But i prefer not to have just one.

I´m currently in Bamberg with the Armed Forces. A german friend of mine lives in Fuerth tho and he would be the guy i would want you to send them to. If you just could be so kind and give me a price including shipping. I guess a PM would be a good idea.

Thanks man.

And btw: great truck, i love it. Keep up the good work!

Quick Reply: German 98 Blazer build