Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Gettin Stared

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 05:03 AM
KneeDeep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gettin Stared

Well i recently purchased a 84 K5 for about a grand after getting the registration current. The interior needs work, new door panels, headliner, seat covers, window and door seals all around,the engine temp gauge does not work and the infamous check engin light is on. This is most likely due to the 50 million miles of cracked vaccume lines under the hood and misfire,but im not sweatin that to much.I have spent the beter half of the last 2 years attending an automotive trade school and restoring a 72 chevelle since 15 so i am pretty handy with a wrench and the hot rod scene. But as far as after markt and mods and brands to choose from in the 4x4 world i am clueless. The K5 drivetrane is good for the most part. Even compression in all 8 cylindersof the 5.7, the 700r seems good, theres alittle play in the ransfer case but thats typical from what i understand in the chain type transfer case. The truck has 3.08 gears with a locker in the rear and came with 31's from the factory. Has the gas tank and transfer case skids and some other goodies like tow package and what not. I plan on an eaton electronic locker and waren manual hubs for the front, i was told the eatonwould be a good way to go and was affordable. As far as lifts i have no idea, i have been looking around and have hearddecent things about the Rough Country 4in lift. It seems affordable but at around 600 bucksfor new leafs in the front and rear along with brake lines, shocks, sway bar drop bracket and dual steering stablizer it makes me question the kit seeing how you get what you pay for in this world. Im not looking to launch this things off dunes or get into some serious rock crawling but i would like to hit the trails seeing how i bought this so i could have access to some good camping and quad spots. And wellwho does not like togoand go muddinafter a good rain.Any inputand recommendations is very much appreciated.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Starting Member
brokenfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Gettin Stared

LMC trucks for stock and some aftermarket parts. as for a lift I dont know much about full sive blazers but check on an axle flip kit.