Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Gmax2190's Blazer Build - 56K No No

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Beginning Member
gmax2190 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hawkster0001
i just saw that your in fergus ontario, welcome from michigan haha i was just sayying that because my cottage is on basically the same latitude as where you are and i never see any mountain editions? was wondering about how much snow per year do you get?
We average about 10 inches of snow on the ground over the whole winter, maybe a little more here and there. In April 2008 we had a freak snow storm that dumped about 24 inches of snow on the ground. That was a week after we put the summer tires on my buddies Subaru WRX LOL.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Beginning Member

It's been a couple days since I posted so I figured I'd post up a mini update of my progress. I've got the door panels in with all new clips, I have removed the rear seats so I could re-run the sub wires and so I can put the leather seat in. I still have some clean up to do and I need some way to make the wires a little neater (I could use some suggestions ).

Old 10-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Beginning Member

Yesterday I went and picked up my Trail Blazer seats, the 3.73 rear axle w/G80 , and the matching front diff. I'm going to be putting the rear seat in today and the fronts on the weekend. The f. diff / axle is going to be waiting for a little while longer so I can get all the brake lines and misc other things to put the whole disk brake setup on. I paid $125 for the seats and $100 each axle.

If any one knows someone with mud terrain tires for sale between 30x9.5R15 to 31x10.5R15 (or I'll even consider some 235/75R15's) please PM me the details, the 31" all terrains I have won't cut it for what I want to do . Thanks

Pic of the seats. . .

Old 10-20-2010, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

lookin good!!!!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gmax2190
Yesterday I went and picked up my Trail Blazer seats, the 3.73 rear axle w/G80 , and the matching front diff. I'm going to be putting the rear seat in today and the fronts on the weekend. The f. diff / axle is going to be waiting for a little while longer so I can get all the brake lines and misc other things to put the whole disk brake setup on. I paid $125 for the seats and $100 each axle.

If any one knows someone with mud terrain tires for sale between 30x9.5R15 to 31x10.5R15 (or I'll even consider some 235/75R15's) please PM me the details, the 31" all terrains I have won't cut it for what I want to do . Thanks

Pic of the seats. . .
125. for the seats nice wish i can find that around here... i would kill for a set just like that...

Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by djerock
125. for the seats nice wish i can find that around here... i would kill for a set just like that...
When I heard the price I pretty much dropped everything and was out the door to go and get them. LOL

I got the rear seat in, and I "mounted" the subwoofer so it won't go through the tailgate during rough excursions . The seat looks a billion times better than the old one that was destroyed from battery acid being spilled on it. Now the back looks all clean, if only I could use the door panels off of the Trailblazer. . .

Now my truck has mountains on the outside and the inside. . .

Old 10-20-2010, 03:34 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Hey man cool stereo, looks just like mine actually LOL, check my build if you like. I have those amps dual on DVC subs.

I reccomend you change that sub wiring from parallel to series, you will get much more out of your amp if you load it at 2Ohm instead of 4.

With that amp you run one wire from the (+) on the amp, to the (+) on one speaker, you run a lead from (-) on the amp to (-) on the OTHER sub. Then you run one lead between the 2 enmpty terminals on the subs. 3 wires not 4. Try it out and tell me it doesnt pound harder. That amp puts out about 350 @ 2Ohms.

If your new Alpine head unit has a black wiring harness, then you will LOVE the power by adding one of these to it
http://www.crutchfield.ca/Alpine_KTP.../500KTP445.htm
I dont mean to sound like a salesman but it made my head unit alone "hurts" loud and clear as crystal.

I like the leather interior thats going to look sick.

Last edited by ohsofly; 10-20-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Beginning Member
Default Its been a while. . .

It's been a while since I last posted so I figured it was about time for an update. I've been real busy getting ready to go to school up in Barrie so I haven't had a lot of time or money to work on the the truck with.

I got the front seats in.

The folowing might be some important information for someone looking to swap in Trail Blazer seats into a 1996 Blazer with power cloth seats. The right rear bolt on the drivers seat and the left rear bolt on the passenger seat does not go in without drilling a new hole, and the wiring is not plug and play, I had to splice together the wires.

A couple days ago while cleaning the snow off, the truck decided the mirror was no longer needed and it broke off so now I need to find another mirror. Yay. Pictures will follow when I get them

Old 12-31-2010, 10:59 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Nice truck for a great deal. Awsome score on the seats.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hawkster0001
oh and BTW nice aerostar
please tell me you were joking?

Yesterday I went and picked up my Trail Blazer seats, ............. I paid $125 for the seats.

did you get those from a guy in Brampton?

A couple days ago while cleaning the snow off, the truck decided the mirror was no longer needed and it broke off so now I need to find another mirror. Yay. Pictures will follow when I get them
i have a few pairs available.

Quick Reply: Gmax2190's Blazer Build - 56K No No