Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Jacobcnc's 96 two door blazer trail rig/mud runner

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Starting Member
jacobcnc is on a distinguished road

I just thought i would share as i go along. I have a 96 Blazer im turning into a mud runner.

First thing i have done is removed every thing in the cab(was like giving it a two inch lift)

I got to go friday and get a set of 95 zr2 axles already set up with 4.56 in it them. Found a Astro van axle tube and shaft at the junk yard today that will go in with the front.

I have on order a set of 29 10.50 15 swamper SX tires. There is alot of work to be done i will try to document progress as it goes but i dont have much time inspection day is May 1.

Here are some pics of the truck before i even started when it was just a DD.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Looking good, and sounding good, Hopefully it turns out well!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

how deep is the mud your wanting to go through?

are you wanting something just for riding around off the road or just something for the mud pit?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Starting Member

These are some of the trucks i will be running with they are up a few classes and i dont wanna here the whole IFS is junk crap cause there are lots of trucks running it and do just fine its not bout the speed its bout the turn around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRiixc73xa0
the trucks in the vid are cream of the crop. Still run the same track.

I ran a few races with the blazer last year on walmart wrangle radials and won a few. Only guy to drive there and drive home.

Wanna do some trail ridding with it also.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:15 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

oh alright when you said mud racing I pictured some stuff we have around here were its about the same length just with mud a few feet deep and no turn around. They just hook a strap to your hitch the length of the track and see how far you make it.
so i was gonna say that some 29's might not cut it haha
also everbody should fast forward this video to about 8:30. there is one nasty s10 thats was down there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElVR...eature=related

anyways that seems like a cool event. is there a tire size limit on your class?

Last edited by sifd4x4; 03-18-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:20 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That S10 in that last video is SICK!! I wish we had events like this around here. It looks like so much fun lol.
And back on topic, looks like a good build. Keep us updated with pics!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Starting Member

i do have a tire size limit of no taller 31 no wider 10.50 i want to stress the front as little as possible till i get a SAS done hence the 29 but that is a season or two off.

We also do those kind of mud bogs round here i just dont think there that much fun like mud drags going in a straight line put a turn in there it will seperate the guy that is just rich and the guy that can drive.

Off now to pull the rear axle

Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Wow, both events look fun, the second one is what I was thinking of, but the first one, man that must be fun, how many people roll em?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Starting Member

Lots of people roll there trucks in the modified class and pro mod class thats why with out a cage you cant run.

I had a pretty good morning got the rear axle out. Figured while i had it out i could just chop off the muffler. I also broke a brake line but thought i would have to change that anyway. I could not get any pics before cause my old lady killed the camera battery and its one of those you got to take out to charge not just aa. but anyways i got a few after shot before i got my mess cleaned up

Last edited by jacobcnc; 03-18-2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: pics dont work
Old 03-18-2010, 12:37 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

How are you trying to post those pics? There is a help thread you can look through for tips on posting pics...

Click Here

Quick Reply: Jacobcnc's 96 two door blazer trail rig/mud runner