Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Jamaroon's S10 ZR2 Trail Rig

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

3"!!!!!!!! :-o nice nice, my 14b is about that 3.5 idk, but yeah, that baby prob wont break, is it from a high boy? 4.88s will be great too

Old 05-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I don't know anything about the truck it came out of, I just know it's a 76 F-250. It is a bit of a frankenaxle, it has dodge full time hubs on it. I'm not crazy about that but I'll leave it for now.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:47 PM

I finally had a glimmer of progress on this piece of junk. I found an ignitions cylinder with key at the auto wrecker for $25, not bad considering GM charged $50 to get a key cut by VIN #. So I was able to hook everything up today and the engine turns! woo hoo!

I don't think it's getting any fuel yet though so that will be the next problem to chase down, but at least I know the ignition system is good and the starter is good.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Paul came over on friday and we made a bit of progress. We know it's getting power at the relay and the relay is switching on and off like it should but the power isn't making it back to the fuel pump. So I need to study some wiring diagrams to see what might be between the fuse box and the fuel pump.
We also know that it will run now, we sprayed some quick start in the throttle body and got it to run for a couple seconds.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Have you checked the ground under the fuse box under the hood? When my engine was replaced I think the same things happened. Cranked but didn't run, we thought of all sorts of things like GM Passlock, MPI Immobilizer etc until I said the gauges weren't working.

Jared, Got any updated pics of the mess that's in the garage of this?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:22 AM

Gauges are working in mine... but ya that could be another thing we check out. No updated pictures, same amount of mess as in the first post lol.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
BF Veteran

What about the ground strap from the engine to the firewall on the PS & the ground at the rear DS on the frame. I heard lots of things can get messed up from that rear ground.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...problem-42968/ Lots of interesting things in this post.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 AM

well tom, you were right.

We figured out why the fuel pump wasn't working last night, there was a disconnected ground wire. Re-connected it and the fuel pump primes.

Try starting it and it starts for a couple seconds then dies, my only guess at the moment is there's something wrong with the passlock system. We even tried hardwiring the pump and it would still die.

Next step will be to try doing the passlock bypass.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
BF Veteran

If it primes but doesn't stay running what about a sensor that tells the PCM etc that the engine is running? If something is wrong like that then the pump won't stay running... like the fuel pressure sensor.While in the RUN position something is interupting or not allowing power to go to the fuel pump to keep it running.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:28 PM

we hard wired the pump too though, so there's something other than the fuel pump that is stopping the engine. could be some kind of sensor, i'm going to try the passlock and then if that doesn't work try and find something else.

Quick Reply: Jamaroon's S10 ZR2 Trail Rig