Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Jimma Jam...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road
Default The Jimma Jam...

My build is a ways away, but I figured I'd start a build thread and throw out some ideas.

1989 GMC Jimmy S15 4x4 Sierra Classic 4x4

- Long Travel (keeping 4x4 intact).
- Colorado front clip conversion with glass fenders
- Mild cage
- Colorado glass bedsides? Not sure about this one. It'd mean cutting away a lot of the body. Might not look bad, though.

What do you guys think? You know, other than the money pit it'll be...

Here's a quick photoshop job of what I'm sort of thinking. The rear glass would definitely be painted to match the truck.

Attached Thumbnails The Jimma Jam...-jimmajamprerun.jpg  
Old 06-27-2010, 10:39 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

that'll look pretty sweet, all wide body and caged. instead of just a light bar up top, why not have a basket with a custom light bar attached to it? maybe even put the spare carrier up there too.

i've gotta say though, before i clicked on your attached pic, i thought you had just PS a copy of TheBrettster's pre-runner he's working on.

glad to see it wasn't.

definately gonna watch for the build when you get 'er goin'.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:35 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

That might look good, the new clip on a old body

Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, looks like a cool idea.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Starting Member

Old Skool - It's top heavy enough as it is. I'll probably add a rack, but I want to keep the spare on the back like it is now. I might do the lights up like in my sig, not sure.

As for the image, I grabbed a pic of a Blazer online and "borrowed" the front end of a Colorado from a guy on dezertdimes.com (which is where I've been lately). Shhhhhhh....

Craig and 84BlazerS10 - Thanks, I think so too.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

That should be a cool and interesting build, I like the way it looks.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
That should be a cool and interesting build, I like the way it looks.
Thanks. I'm going back and forth on whether I want to do the Colorado conversion or go simple like in my sig and avatar.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

What about a silverado? they have cool bumpers (the new ones)

Old 06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Personally I'd rather see the old style grille on the old truck... I think the Colorado would be a little out of place...

I'd get same-generation S-10 glass Bedsides and graft those on. You can make it look better and more unique than the one above IMO. And please for the love of god, get the distance between the rear wheels matching that of the front...

Last edited by oktain; 06-28-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by oktain
Personally I'd rather see the old style grille on the old truck... I think the Colorado would be a little out of place...
That's what I based my original idea on, but I love the look of the Colorado front end.

Originally Posted by oktain
I'd get same-generation S-10 glass Bedsides and graft those on. You can make it look better and more unique than the one above IMO. And please for the love of god, get the distance between the rear wheels matching that of the front...
Yeah, that would look better than Colorado bedsides, and it'd be easier to do. I'm definitely going to make sure all four wheels line up. I hate seeing trucks that have front ends wider than the rear.

Mine would be unique compared to that 93 Blazer prerunner just because its 2wd and mine is 4wd. Though, it'd be soooo much easier to do if it were 2WD and would cost a lot less. Luckily there's a guy on dezertdimes.com that is building a long travel suspension for a customer's 4x4 first gen and he'll be selling a kit after its done.

Quick Reply: The Jimma Jam...