Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Just bought a half restored 72 K-5...been looking for one for the last......

Old 04-03-2010, 01:07 AM
the big ragu is on a distinguished road
Default Just bought a half restored 72 K-5...been looking for one for the last......

8 years after selling my first when I was 19. The truck I bought is a real nice canvas. It has 125k original miles and a BONE STOCK 350. The guy completly finished the exterior resto including a fresh coat of the factory pale yellow. The interior is about 65%. I just sent it to my buddys shop for a new 6" suspension lift and new 37-12.50-18 Pro-Comp tires on 18" moto's. I also had him add a 15" grant steering wheel to take the place of the 17"stock monster wheel that she had when I got her. I own a car dealership that specializes in my other favorite ride....Ford Power Stroke diesels. The name of my company is Certified Cars Inc. and my websites are Certifiedcarsinc.com and powerstrokestore.com. I will update this post from time to time with new pics so you all can follow me through the build process but once I get it back next week from the off-road shop we are gonna start some minor changes on the motor and powertrain. I will totally re-do the motor this winter but I want to wait so I can rock my new toy this summer with the top off.

If any of you have any info that may help me along the way please let me know and if anyone has a factory hard top they might want to sell or knows where I can aquire one please let me know.

Thanks, Jason "The Big Ragu" Giordano

Old 04-04-2010, 03:51 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sounds like a sweet find brother. be sure to post some pic's when you get her back.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 PM
the big ragu is on a distinguished road

I found a White Hard Top thats in GREAT condition...It has all the glass and a functional hatch with no cracks......Its pretty far away, Hopefully it wont cost me an arm and a leg to get it shipped. Its priced at around $800, Does anyone think thats to high of a price or is that pretty reasonable. Hell, I think its remarkable that I found one so I really dont know.

Thanks, JG