Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

LED dome and Blackened Bowtie!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:52 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Thanks, and it is Black. The sunset just makes it gold. I took that pic last night.
Here's the pic I took before my sig pic to adjust my shot.

Last edited by cbr995; 12-30-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:10 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

WOW nice bowtie!!!

Nice rug to hahagaga

Old 12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cbr995
Thanks, and it is Black. The sunset just makes it gold. I took that pic last night.
Here's the pic I took before my sig pic to adjust my shot.
lol. So it is. Funny how the reflection makes it look stock!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Beginning Member
Heffty is an unknown quantity at this point

My dome light has burned out. I did a search and came upon this thread.

I also don't have access to the company you bought your led from. I'm not even sure what size to ask for. Could you tell me?

I do know of the site I've linked below, that has LED lights for various things. Perhaps one can be found there? I've ordered from there before and so has a friend. All went well.

http://www.ledshoppe.com/carlight.htm

Old 12-31-2009, 12:04 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
Hmmm. Interesting. Too bad we don't have Autozone up here. I'll have to take a look around the local places and if not then I'll find one on ebay. Thanks for the info.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/1pc-44mm-561-562-...item2c525eb2a8

There you are Sisk. Last summer I wondered what number the bulb was so I took it out and had a look. Its a 562. Im pretty sure this will just plug right in. How they plug in is just a couple of hooks hold it in place. Attach right to the little arms on the LED.

Also question for CBR. Was it a lot brighter than the original one? It doesn't really show in the pic, but I'm sure it is. I'll replace mine eventually. I hate the gross yellow glow of the original ones.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:15 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Looks good! I would have made mine all black too, but on the black it would have just disappeared, so I gave it the red border.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:58 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RangerG
http://cgi.ebay.ca/1pc-44mm-561-562-...item2c525eb2a8

There you are Sisk. Last summer I wondered what number the bulb was so I took it out and had a look. Its a 562. Im pretty sure this will just plug right in. How they plug in is just a couple of hooks hold it in place. Attach right to the little arms on the LED.

Also question for CBR. Was it a lot brighter than the original one? It doesn't really show in the pic, but I'm sure it is. I'll replace mine eventually. I hate the gross yellow glow of the original ones.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I was looking at the tubular LED ones when I bought all my gauge and dash bulbs. They were really expensive though. This one isn't too bad, I might order one of these for my dome.
As for Matt's, from that pic showing the interior it looks A LOT brighter then the stock lights. Maybe it's just because it's a cleaner white light though.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by RangerG
It's hard to say. They are brighter, but the white light makes the surfaces seem darker. I also replaced the rear cargo light with LEDs. But they are definitely brighter, and look mucho better. I'll find the package so you guys know what to look for.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

did you sand down the bowtie or did you just hit it with paint?

Old 12-31-2009, 01:54 PM

The nice thing about the Krylon paint I used (product is pictured on first post) is it required no sanding. All the prep work work I did was wipe it down with rubbing alcohol. The best thing about that is my bowtie came out nice and glossy.

BTW, I found something similar on eBay for the Dome light.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-SM...item414b9d88ec

Last edited by cbr995; 12-31-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: LED dome and Blackened Bowtie!