Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Little Blazer that could...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 06:50 PM
ivan.emco is on a distinguished road
Default The Little Blazer that could...

Ok first and foremost I would like to start of by saying that I have been a long time lurker, mainly for all the great info on the forum and to steal ideas of things that can be done to the s10 Blazer. I believe this is my first post on this forum, mainly because I haven't had much to say or much to ask (most of my questions have already been answered numerous times, all I do is search). Anyway I have decided that I am going to keep this truck until the wheels fall off, because this was my first vehicle and no matter how many times I tried to sell it or get rid of it somehow it has never really left my side.
I haven't done much to it, just stuff that I needed and a few things I wanted bad. Although everything done to my Blazer has been on a tight budget I don't think it has turned out too bad, or that I have ruined it, but everyone has their own 2 cents. All that being said I will apologize to all for not talking enough pictures along the way, I never thought I would ever share it all on a thread.
To summarize the short list of mods I have to note that it all started with with a stock 1996 s10 Blazer 4x4 (no picture of it completely stock)

This is when I sprayed bed liner on the bottom portion of the truck, smoked out the tail lights (with mixed black paint and clear coat) and installed HIDs.

Different angle

These next couple of pics are when I did the Rough country 2.5 inch lift and 31s

These are after tires were installed.

These are all the pictures I have atm, I may have a few more on my other phone... since the last picture was taken I have installed a pioneer deck i got for free, 10' pioneer sub (trade), boss amp (amazon, i know its not the greatest but works for me), 32' Auxbeam LED Light bar and 2.5 inch flowmaster 40 with a new Cat (old one was rattling).

More pictures of those upgrades when I get a chance, maybe sometime this weekend if the weather is nice. I must add that my truck has 190k on it still strong. I love it.

Attached Thumbnails The Little Blazer that could...-img_0752.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-img_1042.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-img_1336.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-img_1337.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-img_1339.jpg  

The Little Blazer that could...-img_1340.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-img_1343.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-img_1344.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-img_1354.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-img_1798.jpg  

The Little Blazer that could...-img_1796.jpg  
Old 02-25-2016, 12:31 AM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Looks good ! Keep it up ! Some times you get more by accident than you could plan for !

Old 02-25-2016, 06:27 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

This is a nice looking blazer. I really like the 2 tone with the bed liner on the bottom.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Default Few more pics

So it was a bit sunny yesterday and shot some pics of the Light bar and the exhaust tip. Looks half way descent I think.

I also tinted the windows, looks nice but forgot to take a pic of fronts. Next thing I have to tackle is a roof basket, been searching around and I think I will go with the biggest one I can fit on it within my budget (ARKSEN 64" @$145.00). I will use it for when I go camping with the wife, zero gravity chairs, xl tent, blow up mattresses, and our duffle bags, very bulky stuff but not super heavy will go on it. Hopefully I can get it in a week or so.

Future plans are to get some nice off road metal bumpers with a winch. Because those are spendy it will be a while until I get those but they are on the horizon. Wrapping the blazer is also in the near future but I am unsure of what color, I was thinking matte tan like the military trucks, of course I would keep the bed liner, or fire truck red. Let me know what you guys think of my current upgrades and future ones, always looking forward to hearing new ideas.

Attached Thumbnails The Little Blazer that could...-20160224_170530.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-20160224_170541.jpg   The Little Blazer that could...-20160224_170614.jpg  
Old 02-25-2016, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
This is a nice looking blazer. I really like the 2 tone with the bed liner on the bottom.
Thanks Tajohns34, did this a couple years ago and it is holding up very well, would recommend to anyone that does any kind of off roading. Looks good too

Old 02-25-2016, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2004 Blazer
Looks good ! Keep it up ! Some times you get more by accident than you could plan for !
Thanks, and yes, most of the upgrades have happened without planning, up until about a month ago I didn't even know what "look" I wanted for it. It has taken a look of its own I guess, it isn't perfect as you can see in the pictures (2 dents on fender and 2 on the hood) but it isn't doing too bad for a 20 year old vehicle.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:20 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Very nice Sir!

Old 02-25-2016, 07:19 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Nice job. Looks good. What tires you using with the RC lift?

Old 02-26-2016, 04:33 AM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ivan.emco
Ok first and foremost I would like to start of by saying that I have been a long time lurker, mainly for all the great info on the forum and to steal ideas of things that can be done to the s10 Blazer. I believe this is my first post on this forum, mainly because I haven't had much to say or much to ask (most of my questions have already been answered numerous times, all I do is search). Anyway I have decided that I am going to keep this truck until the wheels fall off, because this was my first vehicle and no matter how many times I tried to sell it or get rid of it somehow it has never really left my side.
I haven't done much to it, just stuff that I needed and a few things I wanted bad. Although everything done to my Blazer has been on a tight budget I don't think it has turned out too bad, or that I have ruined it, but everyone has their own 2 cents. All that being said I will apologize to all for not talking enough pictures along the way, I never thought I would ever share it all on a thread.
To summarize the short list of mods I have to note that it all started with with a stock 1996 s10 Blazer 4x4 (no picture of it completely stock)

This is when I sprayed bed liner on the bottom portion of the truck, smoked out the tail lights (with mixed black paint and clear coat) and installed HIDs.

Different angle

These next couple of pics are when I did the Rough country 2.5 inch lift and 31s

These are after tires were installed.

These are all the pictures I have atm, I may have a few more on my other phone... since the last picture was taken I have installed a pioneer deck i got for free, 10' pioneer sub (trade), boss amp (amazon, i know its not the greatest but works for me), 32' Auxbeam LED Light bar and 2.5 inch flowmaster 40 with a new Cat (old one was rattling).

More pictures of those upgrades when I get a chance, maybe sometime this weekend if the weather is nice. I must add that my truck has 190k on it still strong. I love it.
Your ride looks smooth/The two tone looks great, may keep the rust cancer away from the bottom doors edges.Bottom door sills too

Old 02-26-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Toocute350
Your ride looks smooth/The two tone looks great, may keep the rust cancer away from the bottom doors edges.Bottom door sills too
Thanks toocute350, I love the way the two tone turned out, and I too think it does keep cancer away , along with major scratches.

Quick Reply: The Little Blazer that could...