Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

LS2/LS6 swap?..

Old 01-07-2012, 12:14 PM
2ndGen_LS6 is on a distinguished road
Default LS2/LS6 swap?..

Just joined the forum today so Im not sure if its ever been discussed.

In about a week Im gonna be getting a 2nd gen blazer, pretty sure its a 98'. It needs a new MAF and possibly a new UIM. Not that I care though because I wanna build up an engine and swap it in.

Ive been doing research on it for about a week and all I can find people doing is LS1, LS2, or LT-1 swaps in their blazers. My buddy has a trailblazer ss and I love it.

I want to LS6 swap the blazer Im going to be getting. My question is has anyone done this or attempted to? My goal is to have an LS6 automatic blazer. Ive seen alot of LS2's, but no LS6's?

Old 01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

They come from the same family of motors (LS). Why do you want an LS6? It will be more expensive. If it were me, I would look into getting a 5.3 or 6.0 from a full size truck. They can be had A LOT cheaper. I have had 3 different LS1 Camaros and my most current I bought with the LS1 blown (snapped rod). I just picked up a 6.0 LQ4 out of a 2500 Truck and will be doing a turbo build.

For more info I would venture over to LS1Tech.com. A lot of guys have swapped LS motors into S10's and everything else imaginable.

Good luck!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:16 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

I know there are people that have done it. Look on ZR2usa.com. there is a thread with info on swapping a few different motors into a blazer. I myself am in the process of swapping in a vortec 350. I decided to do the 350 cause the motors can be had for fairly cheap and with a few mods it will have plenty of power for my uses.

Search this Thread