Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

M1009 1984 Blazer Window screens or bars

Old 02-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Sanook is on a distinguished road
Default M1009 1984 Blazer Window screens or bars

I bought a 1984 CUCV Blazer and would like to install some window security. I was thinking along the lines of something like in the picture attached.
I am in Thailand until the end of next month when I will go home, but was hoping someone may have the window dimensions of the Blazer, back, side and driver, so I can order the screens. Or, share an idea or product you may have to secure a window, except for the windshield. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails M1009 1984 Blazer Window screens or bars-%24_3.jpg  
Old 02-18-2014, 06:09 AM

49 views and no ideas or answers? Man, what has America come to? I leave you guy's alone for just a few years and you fall apart. Don't worry, boots on the ground March 31....Rangers lead the way!

Old 02-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

By now you likely have realized that this site is 99% s-series folks. Most of the views are likely from people that do not own a K5 and were looking to see what it was you were doing since this is in the Builds section...

I have a full set of square body doors under the barn here at the farm so the dimensions for those are: 19" high, 21"/34" wide top/bottom including the vent window.

I'll try to remember to measure up the tailgate and rear side windows on my '74 once I get home.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:14 AM

Thank you SWARTLKK, that's exactly what I needed. I'll stand-by for the rest. Hats off to you.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:50 PM

I got the front window screen ordered. Thanks again....J

Old 02-20-2014, 05:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It has been early mornings and late nights for me this week and haven't had a chance to get out to the truck in the daylight. I looked at it last night and it is currently under a 5ft snow drift. I will see if I can get out to it this morning.

*EDIT* - Well that was fun! One side was fairly well cleaned off so I took some measurements. It occurred to me after the fact that laying them down on a picture of the truck would be helpful so I found a decent rear 3/4 shot to write down the numbers on.

Anyway, the back window is 61" at the bottom, 50" at the top & 19" tall. It is pretty close to a 3" radius at the top corners.

The side windows are 55" bottom, 53" top, and 18" tall. Again, ~3" radius on all 4 corners and the window is cut like a trapezoid, however it is not a parallel trapezoid as the front edge of the window has less of an angle to vertical than the rear. I am fairly certain that the newer tops have the same window dimensions. I seem to remember seeing sliding rear windows retrofitted into full convertible tops in the past. It is not like you are cutting glass from these dimensions. They should work for your purposes.

Attached is a drawing courtesy of my Note 2.

Attached Thumbnails M1009 1984 Blazer Window screens or bars-2014-02-20-08.24.50.jpg  
Old 02-21-2014, 04:08 AM

Wow, above and beyond! Thank you. pm sent.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:23 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

pretty neat idea. make sure you post pictures of these installed. wouldnt hurt to have these on when those stupid zombies finally attack

Old 02-22-2014, 03:55 AM

I'm getting them for something way worse than zombies. These pieces of live human garbage are called THIEVES! Anything I can do to slow them down, or at least make them look for easier pickings.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:42 AM

This is what they're going on.

Attached Thumbnails M1009 1984 Blazer Window screens or bars-00l0l_fuivjjp9o6j_600x450.jpg   M1009 1984 Blazer Window screens or bars-00808_37c4gtcw2ww_600x450.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M1009 1984 Blazer Window screens or bars

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.