Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Moores' Blazer.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:17 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

truck looks to be coming along just fine now, especially considering what the weather is doing on the East coast now.

are you glad to finally have some Winter weather?

Old 01-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

We got about 35 cm, so close to a foot and a half of snow in one fall. Our road is all up-hill as is the drive way. Not to mention our road is always last to be plowed. The Blazer went through it like it was nothing. I'm pretty sure whatever mother nature brings she can handle.

I always say to friends and family " you know the blazer burns lots of gas, and your vehicle doesn't, I admit you got me there..

but..

I know someone who isn't getting stuck in the snow. "

Blazer win.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^

Old 01-14-2011, 05:20 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

amen. I don't shovel my driveway anymore, I just plow (drive) though it.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Starting Member

More and more everyday I get confident enough that I can do the Body Lift myself. I work 8 days straight and 4 days off. So those 4 days off would be the time to do it. Remember I have the 2" Body Lift from PA just sitting in the box.

It wouldn't be easy to do outside in the cold and not having a level driveway doesn't help either but sooner or later I got to grow a pair and have at it. BDS instructions are much easier to follow as I've come to realize too.

I wish there was a how-to on instructions step by step with pictures and the problems you run into along the way.

Edit: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...=body+lift+diy

That helps a bunch.

Last edited by Moores12345; 01-14-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:56 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I have used goop many of time, stuff really does the trick, matter of fact I need to get some more, but I've glued headlights, switches, my grill, and other random peices on my truck, also shoe goop works very well if the soles of your shoes are falling off haha

Old 01-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Starting Member

Looks like I have to try and clean the multi-function switch for a second time, it started going ape **** on the way to work again.

Last time I cleaned the copper connectors in the back with just q-tips, this time I'm going to use some copper cleaner also.

Had to take the fuse out for the ABS brakes too, had the whole hub assembly replaced on the driver side and now it seems the ABS sensor on that hub is gone again. Was fine up until now. There was a new sensor when the new hub was put on. Which was put on the 4th of this month.

ABS kicks in at low speeds when the wheel is cranked all the way. Example: Pulling into a parking space at a snails pace, and ABS kicking in. Only for there being a curb, I would have hit the hardware store.

Taking the ABS fuse out works, only for the dash light comes on and if I got in an accident and the ABS light was on I'd probably be up **** creek without a paddle.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:17 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Cool idea with the flares man! Lotsa poeple use the bedliner, but your way has a different texture, I like that sharpness instead of globs. Cool man.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Starting Member

Thanks dude! May have to result to bed-liner though. Seems the rock paint has held up perfect but painting over it hasn't. The rock paint itself is gray and white and is starting to show though the black paint and clear, no idea why the black won't stay put. Probably due to the amount of salt on the roads here. I could always bed-liner the flares and clear coat them if that's possible.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Starting Member

Need your help guys..

Got another multi-function switch off of a 97' 4X4 4DR Jimmy. Running into some problems of course. Both of them look a bit different but have the same options, now I've noticed the plugs are different too. Had it plug in, got nothing. No response to the Jimmy MFS at all. No idea what the plug in wire is on top of the column either. The Jimmy MFS doesn't have this one. The other one goes down below and is for the cruise control.

Any idea's what I should do?

Edit:

Last edited by Moores12345; 01-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.