Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Muscle car in disguise, the story and build of my first car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 08:53 AM
Beginning Member
PAblazerboy2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Muscle car in disguise, the story and build of my first car.

Let me start by saying that is a long detailed story and I'm sorry but I have to express my gratitude towards my car somewhere and nobody else would listen...

So it has been a while since I wrote anything last on my Blazer, and that's because money got tight, and I could not do much. But for someone to understand how this build is going for me they have to understand how I personally feel about my car. My car started life in 1999 and was sold to a little old lady and she took damn good care of my car, it was garaged every night had the normal maintenance taken. The only thing that happened was she must have bumped into a pole, and pushed the front bumper in one inch. But my story starts when I was 15, my dad is friends with the local transmission mechanic, and the trans went out on my car, the old lady had it towed there, and the mechanic looked at it and said it would need a whole new transmission. It was at this point that the lady abandoned the car and could not afford to put more money in it and sat on the stone parking pad at the shop for about 6 months, through the Pennsylvania summer and fall. My brother was turning 18 and he needed a car badly because he had no ambitions to get one himself, so instead of buying just 1 blazer, we bought 3 of them. They are a dime a dozen up here, we spend less than 2 grand on 3 cars, that all "ran", at first it was just a white 2002 and a pewter 2001, not mine, mine was still sitting and now it was in the weeds. The 2001 was completely torn down for spare parts and then scrapped, the white blazer needed just a distributor to run good, that's all needed, so I fixed it and convinced my brother to choose the white one over mine, my dad said he gets the first choice and he can choose, my dad would take the other one and drive it until I was old enough to drive, and then it would become my First car. So me being devious and I looked at the 2000 that was sitting in the weeds now, I knew it was the cleanest car I had seen other than my dad's garage kept 2002 2500hd. My dad bought the car when I was in 10th grade, and like any 10th grader, I was dealing with friends that were abandoning me and not wanting to hang out with me because of girls and video games. So I was abandoned just like my car was, and while my friends were off with girls and games, I was out in the garage working with my dad on the new car, the only thing it needed was a trans and 2 brake calipers, which we had all of from the 2001 that tore down, and the trans was actually from a k1500 with a 5.7 so it could handle abuse. After that maintenance we did the car has never left me sitting, never broken down on me, every day I would put the key in the ignition it would start up, so back to the story, I had now turned 16, and wanted to learn how to drive and I stole this car from my dad, I didn't let him drive it anymore, It was my car now, I put the money in it and I learned how to drive in it, I went and took my drivers test in and aced it, I just had a bond to this car, I still don't know what it is and my friends and family say I'm weird for not wanting a full-sized truck, that's the thing around here, if you don't have a twuckkk your not cool or any other car is useless. Even though my car has put in plenty of work, I used it to tow a tone and a half of wood out of our woods up a hill, and used it to pull my dad's 3500 Duramaxx duelly down the side of the high way with a three-car trailer attached to it, it still does hard work for not being a damn truck. I drove this car every day, and I drove it hard because it was the only time that I felt I could break free from stress and have some fun. But because I was hard on it I had gradually killed the engine, it had 190 thousand miles on it when I decided to pull the plug on the car and I stopped driving it because it actually hurt me to have to put a half quart of oil in it every 300 miles. I had gotten me back and forth to welding school (I did dual enrollment last semester). Now I am 18 and I am putting a new motor in my first car, every person I know told me to give up on my car even though it never did on me, they told me to sell it for 3 grand and buy a ****in truck I got so tired of it, I started to tell everyone except my parents and grandparents to go kick sand. Instead of buying a truck I bout a truck engine for 80 dollars and rebuilt it with flat top pistons and gen4 rods along with all new bearings. I also put in a 4l65e I bought off of my friend for 25 dollars, he was going to scrap it and I jumped at the opportunity.

I started pulling the old motor out on my Birthday (End of December) and I am still working on it, slowly but surely, I want to do it right because I want that same feeling of being able to jump in it, start it and drive it across the country without a worry. I hope I can get it done before I graduate because it is my goal to fill the parking lot with tire smoke and **** off all of the teachers.

This is the new 5.3 with an ICT billet chevy s10 power steering and ac compressor bracket.
This is when we were putting the engine in her.
The 4l65e I bout, (also installed shift kit)

Me disconnecting drive train.
I bought a set of 2wd headers and modified them to fit and clear the front diff.
My brothers' old blazer ( I flipped it)
The long block shortly after it was rebuilt.
Old girl putting in some work.
My all-time favorite picture of my car.
The s-10 club at my high school, Now dissolved...

Me and my Jeep buddy back in 2017

I went and hid my car in a barn to keep the hail off of it before it was even my car.

If anyone actually read my story this long I have an Instagram if you want to follow my build my name is 5.3_blazer thank you to anyone who did read this I will try to keep adding to this thread.

Last edited by PAblazerboy2000; 03-21-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Photos not working
Old 03-05-2019, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Sounds like you're really attached to your truck, man! I'm the same way with my cars as well!

Looking forward to watching your build

(also, most of the pics aren't working)

Old 03-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Sounds like you're really attached to your truck, man! I'm the same way with my cars as well!

Looking forward to watching your build

(also, most of the pics aren't working)
Thank you, and I'm glad I'm not the only one, and how should I get the photos to work?

Old 03-05-2019, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by PAblazerboy2000
Thank you, and I'm glad I'm not the only one, and how should I get the photos to work?
Are you posting them to the site? Or using some third party image hosting service?

Old 03-05-2019, 06:30 PM
Beginning Member

Are you posting them to the site? Or using some third party image hosting service?
I just copied and pasted from my Google photos

Old 03-05-2019, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran

I don't know how Google photos work. I'm usually posting from my phone, so I just load the pics directly from my phone to the site.

Process is the same on pc, just have to get the pics from phone onto the computer.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I only see one pic love the story, hope the pics come up. Would live to see more the a pewter 4 door without a hood or grill lol...

Old 03-06-2019, 09:28 PM
Beginning Member
Default Phots reposted

This is the driver side header I had to cut it at the collector and re weld it to clear the front diff.

The motor placed in it's new home with an ICT billet S10 ac compressor and power steering pump bracket.

My favorite pic of my car, taken across a creek when I was fishing withy friend.

The motor from a different view (looks like a huge mess)

The 4l65e I got from my bud

The motor before it went in

My brothers white Blazer I've been temp driving after I flipped it and started to repair it.

Lsx badge because I want everyone to know what's she's packing under the hood.

Putting the motor in.

Headers all wrapped up.

The day I wrecked the white Blazer.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:29 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by DonL
I only see one pic love the story, hope the pics come up. Would live to see more the a pewter 4 door without a hood or grill lol...
I re-uploaded some photos hopefully they work now

Old 03-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member

I reposted some photos from my phone, hopefully they work

Quick Reply: Muscle car in disguise, the story and build of my first car.