Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My 01 LT 4wd.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Beginning Member
EXKid is on a distinguished road
Default My 01 LT 4wd.

I've been slowly working on my Blazer to get it to a point where I am not afraid to take it to the mountains to get to prime fishing waters.

Yesterday I put my new tires and wheels on it.

Before (actually i had put 2" shackles on at this point.)

and now.

I had to trim the fenders to fit the new tires.

Mods to date:

Spectre CAI

Flowmaster 40 series muffler

Thunderbolt CAT

2" shackles and 1 7/8" crank up front (all I was willing to go)

General Grabber 30x9.5x15 AT2 with Cragar Soft 8's. I think they have 4.5" of backspacing, and this caused rubbing.

Rage Black Widow roof rack

4 KC Hi Lites

I had the Westin light bar up front, but opted to remove it because I didn't care for the way it looked, and it's pretty weenie. Plus the lights that were on it, I never got around to wiring.

TO DO:
Rear Spare Tire Carrier (I have it, just haven't put it on).

PCM mod. PCM for less is right up the road from me, so I might set up an appointment rather than sending my spare unit to them.

Custom front bumper from a local dude.

I need to do something about the front end. I had most of it rebuilt about a year ago, and it's still not right. I'm afraid now I need control arm bushing if not a new drivers side hub.

I'll try to add more pics as I get them. At the end of this month I'll be taking it out to the Outer Banks and running it on the beaches for a fishing trip with my buddies. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by EXKid; 09-04-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Holy crap those pictures are HUGE! Truck looks very good though. Have you thought about spraying the bottoms of the doors with bedliner? You could work it into the fender flares too since you have to dress up the edges of your cut anyways. (since leaving it raw would rust them)

Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Beginning Member

I fixed the pictures on Photobucket. The second one hasn't updated yet for some reason.

I dressed the raw edges with some touch up paint, that may or may not work. I figured I'd give that a shot prior to committing to the bedliner method, but yes I'd considered this.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

looks nice man

Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Starting Member
98chevyblazer is on a distinguished road

Looks great man i was thinking about getting the 30" AT2's also with a 2in shackle lift I'm just wondering how bad they rubbed and how much you had to cut. I have the same color Blazer and want the same rims and tires how nice to see what it'll look like haha

Old 09-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer Spike is on a distinguished road

Mine looks like yous a little bit. Just I have different rims and bigger tires,lol.

Looks good

Old 09-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 98chevyblazer
Looks great man i was thinking about getting the 30" AT2's also with a 2in shackle lift I'm just wondering how bad they rubbed and how much you had to cut. I have the same color Blazer and want the same rims and tires how nice to see what it'll look like haha
They rubbed pretty bad. Both sides whenever I turned the wheel enough to negotiate a 90deg turn from a stop sign. I cut 2 1/2" to the rear from the bottom corner, then blended that line into the well about 7" up. It works well, but i rubbed yesterday going into my driveway because I had the wheel just right and hit a bump. I think I can live with it though. I used a cutting wheel for the skin cut, then a sawzall for the thicker stuff inward. Filed the edges and then touched it up to keep the rust away.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Starting Member
98chevyblazer is on a distinguished road

Got any more pics?