Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

my build-crap to basic mods

Old 01-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default my build-crap to basic mods

ok i figured id start a "build" thread for my Bravada,now it will be nothin drastic as honestly,i like the truck but as soon as i can im gonna get me another car that gets better mpgs,besides ive always been a car guy myself..anyway current plans are as follows?
-fix front bumper as cheaply as possable
-fix the various mechanical issues(cv joint,brake line leak,spark plug change,prolly other ****)
-maybe a de-badge,but that depends on if i wanna or not
-more upgraded audio equip(bigger sub amp and maybe install a cap and 4ch amp)

After that idk yet cuz idk if i will really keep the truck in the long run,if it had better mpgs i might but idk yet..so for now its my car and i wanna mod it but not too much that cant be undone,and on to the pix,these are old ones and i have new ones but the sites not lett'n me upload them at all so heres picks from last summer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------

My attempt at urban off-roading..lol
THE AUDIO PORTION IF THIS--VVV

Dual XDVD710 flip out HU,runs all my interior speakers currently
------------------------------------------------------------

my subs in the current box
------------------------------------------------------------

the amp->600watt Crunch ground pounder,i need a bigger power amp ik
so thats "the tank" as i refere to it..i have newer pix that i will post up soon as the site allows me to..damn thing keeps sayin a security token is missing when i try to..

Last edited by 97Bravada; 01-31-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Def need to take care of the mechanical issues before you run up big bills. As far as debadging, its cheap,pretty easy, makes it look different and can be put back to stock. To me the audio is a waste of money that will make an already squeaky ride into a squeakier/ rattling ride.(at least thats what happened in mine) Although the 2nd gen s-series does seem to have perfect airspace for LOUD clean sound

Old 01-30-2010, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

x2 on the mechanical issues first. while they may not be the most off-road-tastic vehicle stock, or the most glamorous, or the best for fuel econmy, at least you have the Bravada. They are a very very nice incarnation of the Blazer. You may find that after a good tune up, and a new CV you actually like the way she rides and should get a boost in MPGs out of it.
Unlike almost all of the others, your best bet for a cheap bumper will NOT be a junkyard (unless you want a bumper swap). for a bravada, your best bet is going to be craigslist if you dont want to order a new one outright.

i may be wrong (not very familliar with Bravada's up close and personally, saddly) but aren't they set up a lot like the newer jimmy's (i.e. "badging" is a seperate pannel mounted to clips embedded in the door skin) if that is the case, your de-badge will turn into quite a bit of a project --> remove badge panel, remove clips, remove paint around clips, fill holes, sand down, mask, prime, sand, prime, sand, base coat, base coat, clear, clear (clear), and done

BUT if it's not, it's just fishing line, some heat gun action, and goo gone

Old 01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by bigjon1
Def need to take care of the mechanical issues before you run up big bills. As far as debadging, its cheap,pretty easy, makes it look different and can be put back to stock. To me the audio is a waste of money that will make an already squeaky ride into a squeakier/ rattling ride.(at least thats what happened in mine) Although the 2nd gen s-series does seem to have perfect airspace for LOUD clean sound
yeah i def planned on getting the mechanical issues done 1st,i already have the new plugs and as soon as im employed again in gonna pick up a new CV,and a lenth of break line and get that stuff fixed..and debadging is pretty easy(i debadged my old cav Z24..def improvement) but im not sure as the guy below you said,if the the badges are just held on by glue or if its tabs and id hate to pop off one to find holes in my door so some investigation is in order on this subject..
and as for making an already squeaky ride squeakier..the back gate on my truck already vibrates like someones kicking it at 300 kicks a min w/ my current set up (2 hifonics brutus 12s,in a ported box w/ a 600watt crunch amp) so whats a lil more rattle w/ a bigger amp lol and the 4ch amp i already own(an older MTX road thunder 400watt 4ch) but just gotta figure out how i would wire it up but you are right the blazers/jimmy/bravada's of the later 90s are amazing for audio, he differance between how my subs sound in my truck is amazing compared to how they were in my old car(in the old box,a duel sealed 12" box that they were in)..they hit wayyyy harder in the suv,even my audio nut friend was amazed that i still only had the small 600watter on em..

Old 01-30-2010, 11:01 PM
BF Veteran

nice pics (super edit ) i <3 the UW one at the bottom.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
nice pics (super edit ) i <3 the UW one at the bottom.
thanx..i tend to take horrable pix so decent ones are rare..i have better ones that i took recently but the damn site wont upload them,but they did turn out well..and yeah..that was my last sec attempt at urban wheeling b4 i left there to go the 2mins back home,but there are a few spots in my area i def wanna hit up and get a pic but the cops are ****** in my city so gotta be carefull of that stuff

Old 01-31-2010, 12:01 AM
BF Veteran

just tell them you were drunk, that way they dont crack down on urban Wheeling as a whole

Old 01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
just tell them you were drunk, that way they dont crack down on urban Wheeling as a whole
haha,eh i support the whole urban wheeling movement but i ain't gettin a DWI charge to protect it lol..i aint that dedicated

Old 01-31-2010, 12:55 AM
BF Veteran

amature

as for the trim panels, you should be able to tell if they are glued on or clipped. if they LOOK glued (id are just a strip in the middle of the door skin) then they are glued.
if they cover the entire rocker section, look at the door edge with the door open. does it come to the bottom 9on the outside) then roll inside with a small lip? if so it MAY be clipped. you can slide a non marring plastic pry bar in between the panel and the door skin: if it fits: clips, if it wont slide in or binds up: adhesive strips.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:20 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 97Bravada

My attempt at urban off-roading..lol..
not bad for a noobie.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my build-crap to basic mods