Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 93 burban build...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

After pricing things it was only a few dollars more to buy the full control arms with ball joints and bushings included rather than buying them separate. Also in the end the time included to swap the bushings and joints on to my current arms just wasn't worth the savings to me. Now if it would stop raining so I could actually do something other than look at my pile of parts Thad st would be fantastic!!

Old 01-16-2017, 09:15 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
After pricing things it was only a few dollars more to buy the full control arms with ball joints and bushings included rather than buying them separate. Also in the end the time included to swap the bushings and joints on to my current arms just wasn't worth the savings to me. Now if it would stop raining so I could actually do something other than look at my pile of parts Thad st would be fantastic!!
Oh my Rex that is a lot of MOOG parts. But in my experience they are the best! I always use MOOG stuff on my blazer. Kind of sucks about your front end wobble but it gives you a excuse to do some renovations lol. Your logic is the same as mine, if you are going to do it, you might as well just do it all while you are at it. Burban is going to ride like it's new

Old 01-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah it's a bunch of cash but I'm still looking at it from the standpoint that I've put almost 30k miles on it since I've bought it and including all repairs and the cost of the truck I'm still only into it for around $2500! I am however looking to replace it soon tho for something with much better mpg's

Old 01-17-2017, 07:44 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I actually looked at a 99 suburban before I got my blazer. I would have loved the room but the fuel economy of something that big with a 350 in it would have been a bit much now that I drive 40 miles a day as opposed to 7.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Well I said goodbye to the burban today. It was sad but I haven't driven it since April when I got the Jetta so now I don't have to pay insurance anymore and I don't have to be sad when I see it sitting around anymore either. I bought it 2.5s years ago for $1400 put about $6-700 in it in maintenance drove it for just under 40k miles and sold it today for $2300 so I'd say it was a damn good investment way back in April of 2015!!!

Old 10-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Starting Member

Well I said goodbye to the burban today. It was sad but I haven't driven it since April when I got the Jetta so now I don't have to pay insurance anymore and I don't have to be sad when I see it sitting around anymore either. I bought it 2.5s years ago for $1400 put about $6-700 in it in maintenance drove it for just under 40k miles and sold it today for $2300 so I'd say it was a damn good investment way back in April of 2015!!!
do i hear there is some funding for another one of rex's blazer projects? Lol

It's always nice to even out when you sell a car

Old 10-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Haha I wish! I'm spending a few dollars on the jetta but the majority is going into savings for Xmas gifts lol.

I've already decided the next blazer will be 2 door and 2wd. It's going to be a lowish and fast build next time! Gotta wait till we get moved so I can have a decent garage to work in again.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:38 PM
Starting Member

Haha I wish! I'm spending a few dollars on the jetta but the majority is going into savings for Xmas gifts lol.

I've already decided the next blazer will be 2 door and 2wd. It's going to be a lowish and fast build next time! Gotta wait till we get moved so I can have a decent garage to work in again.
Im looking forward to that build

Old 10-30-2017, 02:27 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I was starting to think we would never hear from you again Rex. Does your son still have his blazer?

Old 10-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

I'm still here everyday at least to check in but sadly we are not only blazer free but also Chevy free in our house at the moment funny thing is the kid bought himself a jetta the same color as mine just a few years older lol. I've got a few updates for the jetta thread coming in the next couple days tho. I'm just trying to cull the heard a bit in preparation for moving as well as saving some cash each month in insurance premiums lol.

Quick Reply: My small 93 burban build...