Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

my small project

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
94-4x4 is on a distinguished road

truck was extremely clean (from pics anyways) when bought, not only did you keep it clean, you put your own twist on of cleanliness on it, lovin it man!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 AM
94-4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheStig
The rims/tires in the original pix look great, dont change them
+1

imo those wheels are nice, but the ones you got, flow with the truck better.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Beginning Member
jlcolvin is on a distinguished road

little update:

got tired of looking at the old crusty drum brakes, so I decided to "fix" them until I go through with a rear disc brake conversion

before:

after:

took off the 3" blocks that I installed last weekend and put on 2" blocks to level it out and get rid of the squat

you may also notice that the blazer is clean

Old 03-14-2010, 05:40 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Looks very nice. How low are you going?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

as everyone has already stated, that is one clean 2WD 4 door.

but like a few have already asked, i'm just gonna say it-you need to go lower.

don't bag it, just coils & 4" blocks would be nice.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Beginning Member

thanks, that is as low as it is going. I didn't want to be slammed, just a little lower and "sportier" looking

Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

ZQ8's are expensive though... If you're willing to pay it'd look good, the next thing I'd do after the roll pan is lok at ditching that rear spare... but that's just me.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

just woundering why did you drop the back down 3" but the front down 2" ? i want to lower my 95 blazer 4door 4wd. down 1" does that mean i got s to drop the rear 2"? but then what if i but stuff in the back. then wouldnt the rear b lower than the fron? just confused. aslo take the spare tire off the back and chang from 2wd to 4wd.

Last edited by kickme005; 07-13-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kickme005
just woundering why did you drop the back down 3" but the front down 2" ? i want to lower my 95 blazer 4door 4wd. down 1" does that mean i got s to drop the rear 2"? but then what if i but stuff in the back. then wouldnt the rear b lower than the fron? just confused. aslo take the spare tire off the back and chang from 2wd to 4wd.
to drop it to have a level stance you would need 2inch blocks out back, if you load it up with lot of stuff it will sit lower. to lower it one inch all around you just need 1 inch blocks, then if you have a lot of stuff in the back, it will lower the rear more... lowering kits are made thinking you won't load anything up.

and why would he change from 2wd to 4wd?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by kickme005
the reason I lowered it 3" the first time was because there was a sale going on. If you bought a Stage 1 Lowering Kit you got 4 free Belltech Shocks. And I wanted to lower the front 2" and the only kit they had was a 2/3. So I bought a 2" block separately to level it after I noticed how much reverse rake I had.

I don't really have any other place for the spare tire so it has to stay where it is. And I already have a lowered "4wd"

Thanks again for all the comments

Quick Reply: my small project