Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Need help finding wheels and lift kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 12:00 AM
dillbob123 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Need help finding wheels and lift kit!!!

Hey! I am looking for a 2 inch lift kit but is relatively cheap. I am also looking for nice rims and tires that would look good on it. I am driving a 1998 red four door blazer. It is all stock right now but once I am done it won't be. If anyone would help it would be great! I am also looking for some speakers for the car. So far I only have the 2 front door ones and the ones on the dash. They are starting to get worn and blown out.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:47 AM
chevyman0784 is on a distinguished road

Get get more easy or cheap than the following two things. Body lift. Or torsion bar keys and rear blocks. Or do both to get a combo for more lift. How large a tire will depend on how much lift and or how much fender trimming you do. Sounds like sticking to what fits without trimming is the best route for you.

You can search around to find tire sizes and lift combos that other guys are running. This will give you an idea of what you can do. Wheels are easy as far as style goes, just get what you like. Be sure to check what other people are running for offset and back spacing. Those two things are important, and fairly confusing for most. If you like a look, as the guy what kind of offset and back spacing he is running.

Hope this helps

Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 AM
chevyman0784 is on a distinguished road

This website is amazing. People post pictures of their rigs with their specs (lift, tire size, wheel brand, size and BS and OS). You can even search pics by specs. This way you can see what it will look like and what will fit. This website could almost be a sticky (mods!!)

Wheel Offset Details For Custom Rim Pictures

Old 07-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

For speakers you can go with 6 1/2" in the doors and the dash has 4x6" plates with tweeters. If you check out my build you can see what I did for speakers and wheels.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Forist72 is on a distinguished road

I bought air shocks $80.00 at local parts store and 2 inch lift shackles on ebay, did not need the shackles but put them on anyhow they were $35.00. I turned the torsion bars up as far as they would go and got a 2 to 3 inch lift out of doing this and rides good to. For speakers I bought some Pile 6.5 inch subs on ebay for $35.00 for a pair and for cheaper speakers let me tell you they sound like 10's or like having one 12 in there. Have them hooked up to a 600 watt amp I have had for years. I bought 31/10.5/15 Wild Country XRT tires $600.00 mounted and balanced, and sanded and painted my rims.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:26 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

This is one of the wierdest build thread titles I've seen so far.

Like has been said above, the easiest lift to start with is a body lift. T-bar crank for about 1.5" in the front is free, but if you go more than that you'll likely accelerate wear on front driveline components like CV's. By accelerate I mean you might get 4 years out of a part rather than 5-6. There are some people on here who have cranked them a lot and end up breaking and replacing CV's yearly. It's up to you what you do.

For the rear shackles are pretty cheap but don't really address saggy springs. You can add a leaf to the pack which helps, but if you go this route I'd recommend making your own AAL by finding a leaf that extends the whole length of the main leaf in the pack. Check out Warthogdriver's build thread for a good idea of what I'm talking about here.

If you need new ball-joints and shocks the Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift is a good option for around $500.