Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

New build questions 97 LS

Old 05-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Starting Member
Peter PJ Varsel is on a distinguished road
Question New build questions 97 LS

I just bought a 97 Blazer LS 4door 4x4. Im planning on giving her a strong makeover inside and out. My first step is converting to all LED lights (head/tail/inter.) What is the best and easiest to install product? Also, if anyone has any interior modifications theyve done, id like some ideas. Already swapped out the org. Head unit for a doubledin and upgraded the door speakers.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

They don't make any LED headlights for s series and simply putting LED bulbs in a standard housing is ill advised and I'd recommend looking at other options for the headlights. I personally hate all aftermarket taillights on the market because I think they look cheaper and ricer but its your truck so do as you wish there. As for the interior LED's are great because you can see so much better at night when your searching for whatever you just dropped between the seats! There are a few write ups on here that will give you all the pn's you need for an LED interior conversion. Be sure to post pics too!

Old 05-19-2016, 08:26 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

The link in my sig will tell you all the types of lights in the truck, but plug and play led bulbs are prone to failure. As Rex said, LED headlight bulbs are even more prone to failure, and they have even worse glare than the HID kits when put in a normal housing. I like LEDs as much as the next guy (in fact, quite a bit more than most 'next guys') but they have limitations just like anything else and headlight output requires active cooling, which means physical moving parts that fail. I personally am not a fan of buying something for over $100 to have a 15 cent part kill the whole setup. JMO

Last edited by Thogert; 05-19-2016 at 08:28 AM.