Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

nunya's 98 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013 | 10:20 PM
|
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Nothing too exciting but scored a factory mat out of a Bravada (for the right price of 0, I love my job!)

Was gonna put more cross bars in the roof rack today too, lost ambition though as I didn't feel like puling the stuff up there to do it easily.

Attached Thumbnails nunya's 98 Blazer-null_zps5d1cefc2.jpg  
Old 10-05-2013 | 02:25 PM
|
Starting Member

Got lucky and got a non-broken door panel at a local junkyard over the past week (taking a car there which is surprising as they usually won't even come close to what you get over the scale). Changed that out from taped together and held on with about 30 little screws and some cut up pieces of a bumper behind it

to one nice clean (well, needed cleaned) piece only needing to be held on by factory clips

Changed out the clip that guides the rods for the handle and the front switches for a pair of fake woodgrain ones from a Bravada we're parting out at work as well. Didn't feel like getting the tape goo off the grey ones right now, so time for a little change!

Attached Thumbnails nunya's 98 Blazer-null_zpsb28d6a80.jpg   nunya's 98 Blazer-null_zps6e787a52.jpg  
Old 10-06-2013 | 05:22 PM
Blazer 98 is on a distinguished road

What is the black stripe below the plastic trim on the passenger side, on page 5?

Old 10-06-2013 | 06:10 PM
|
Starting Member

That's one of those cheap "racing stripe" kits from a parts store, I was playing with it to see how I want to stripe my Pathfinder (only it will be in color/paint once I DO do it) and I had a lot left over. I eventually did both sides (and it hides the dent in the bottom of the drivers door good).

Old 12-05-2013 | 06:17 PM
|
Starting Member

changed the ***** on the heater controls this morning moving the Blazer out of my way so I could go to work

also sourced from the Bravada at work

I was going to change the whole panel out but thats work I ain't in the mood for right now and want to see how long it takes my wife to realize the ***** are different

Attached Thumbnails nunya's 98 Blazer-dafb6e38-f4c1-42e4-9eff-76b61304b2da_zpscrfdiznl.jpg   nunya's 98 Blazer-fd78cc3c-f295-4a3a-a7fe-ddf262d63d85_zpsrjdyny5u.jpg  
Old 05-03-2014 | 02:33 PM
|
Starting Member

Haven't really checked in here in a wHile, not a lot has changed. Pulled the roof basket temporarily to fit in the garage at home, a bunch of stickers got scraped, and some maintenance stuff. Today warranted a new idler arm and a new pitman arm. I feel sorry for anyone doing that pitman arm that don't have full shop access...

Old 06-03-2014 | 08:45 PM
|
Starting Member

Got the alignment strait finally (been parked for a couple weeks as we have been using our more fuel efficient cars lately. Her for a reason, me because I find my broke morticians ride fun). Got me a ZR2 transfer case skid on too, got to pull the engine one from the donor still (along with some other goodies).

Old 06-06-2014 | 08:49 PM
|
Starting Member

Found a random brand new sway bar link in the box in my toolbox today, no clue what it's for but it fit right to replace the blown out RF link so that was a plus and added more cross bars to the roof rack for a total of 6 now. Looks like I can fit 1 more... (If it wasn't such a useful setup I'd change it for the lower profile Bravada rack I have but I like it more every time I add bars. They are an addiction).

Old 06-09-2014 | 12:57 AM
Mrthelaxer is on a distinguished road

man i love the whole build, looks really good, i really the wheels and exhaust you have on there. how are the rough country control arms holding up? I want something for the front of my truck to help raise it a bit more but havent really settled on anything yet

Old 06-09-2014 | 07:39 PM
|
Starting Member

Love the RC control arms, I still haven't done a front diff. drop some my CVs sit at a kinda steep angle (and I have a destroyed boot that was ripping before the fact... just made it complete the process quicker). Alignment was a bit of a pain but I was battling wearing steering components, stripped out UCA boot washers, and am stubborn and wouldn't take it to someone with an alignment rack. I was determined to get it on my own (only 2 cars in the driveway left to get strait now!)