Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

OhhhhhhJIMMY...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
tommyraybradley is on a distinguished road
Default Jimminator is Born

My 99 Jimmy purchased 4 years ago w 110,000 miles on it. It's taken me this long to get the truck where it is and have used Blazer Forum extensively to guide me in my quest. Thanks for all of the great information everyone has contributed to this site.

First things first I had to get some Yakima roof racks and install rod holders.

Next I started upgrading the audio system.

As those of you that have installed your own systems know, you have to darn near completely gut the interior in order to run the wiring. Not a small job.

I pulled my amps that had been stored in boxes for about 12 years and to my surprise they came back to life.
Phoenix Gold MS-250, RF Punch 45 and an Alpine under the driver's seat. Used a rack from a dishwasher for my amp rack. Saved a lot of floor space for me.

Infinity Kappa's in the door.

Infininty Kappa's and (1) 15in Kicker CVR in the back.

I ABSOLUTELY love Infinity Kappa's. Sound great and can handle abuse with out fail. Waiting for a deal on Kappa subs to put in.

Next I came accross a deal on 2011 Camaro 18in black steelies with new BFG's

By now I've spent hours and hours researching and deciding how to lift the Jimmy. Blazer Forum had the best and most relevent information available and ultimately guided me through the world of DIY lifting adventures.

Because this truck is a daily driver and I am working with limited funds I decided to go with an add-a-leaf, t-bar crank and 31x10.50's. This seemed to be the most affordable and practical option to meet my needs.

Before add-a-leaf

After add-a-leaf, I gained 2 inches of clearance between the tire and fender. left the front end alone so I didnt have to get an alignment.

Attached Thumbnails OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-garage-ohhhhhhhjimmy-6865-picture-purchased-2010-charlotte-nc-25752.jpg   OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-garage-ohhhhhhhjimmy-6865-picture-port-bust-25754.jpg   OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-tunes-6871-picture-25787.jpg   OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-tunes-6871-picture-pulled-these-out-box-theyve-been-least-12-years-.jpg   OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-tunes-6871-picture-infinity-kappas-absolutely-awesome-speakers-2578.jpg  

OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-tunes-6871-picture-single-15in-kicker-cvr-25783.jpg   OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-tunes-6871-picture-infinity-kappas-25782.jpg  

Last edited by tommyraybradley; 03-15-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

i like the wheels, not to many have those camaro rims normally there the old z28 rims, nice lookin ride

Old 03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

The blacked out Camaro wheels look really nice on there. Nice looking Blazer.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 PM

Thanks... I love these rims and got the set with tires for $400 on CraigsList. Not the tires I wanted but couldnt pass up the deal. As it turns out the 18in wheels severely limits options for mud/AT tires. What few tires I could find were expensive. I ended up going back to 15in wheels, found some aluminum IROC's, which gave me plenty of affordable tires to choose from.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

sweet, im not a audio guy, but damn, that is a awesome looking sound system, what i cant hear you,speak louder,Haha just kidding, the interior gutting looks quit intimidating.. hope its not as bad as it looks...
Robert

Old 03-15-2013, 11:45 PM

Thanks, it took me two full days to run everything. Unfortunately a @*$)!@ broke in to my truck and took my stereo equipment. I put the stupid SOB back in jail and built my system even better.

This guy was dumb enough to go straight home after breaking in to my Jimmy and post my stuff on CraigsList.

I corresponded with him on CL eventually getting his name and had him arrested.

Attached Thumbnails OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-99-jimminator-6865-picture-sob-broke-mi-truck-25857.jpg   OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-99-jimminator-6865-picture-perp-25858.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 12:11 AM

New Clarion Deck and EQ. This deck's sound quality was a huge improvement over the JVC deck that was in the truck when I bought it.

Found this ProBox with 2 12in Kicker CVR's and a Memphis amp on CL for $220. Added 2 more CVR's and the Jimmy JUMPS!!! You cant tell but there are 4 CVR's mounted in this box. Subs are stacked face to face with a 3/4in spacer between them, wired 180 degrees out of phase. Basically the first sub DRIVES the second sub. THUMP!!!

Verticle amp rack between sub box and tailgate. I still need to clean up the wiring.

Attached Thumbnails OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-tunes-6871-picture-new-clarion-deck-eq-25861.jpg   OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-tunes-6871-picture-new-probox-4-12in-kicker-cvrs-installed-2-subs-m.jpg   OhhhhhhJIMMY...-tommyraybradley-54551-albums-tunes-6871-picture-amp-rack-between-pro-box-tailgate-25860.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Dark Rider is on a distinguished road

I'm glad you caught the thief! I hate people that steal from other's hard work. I don't know what I like best about his picture, the irony of all of the Christian things in the background of a thief, or the black "final supper."