Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Operation: Five Guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM
ZaBlazer99 is on a distinguished road
Default Operation: Five Guys

I finally got me a job working at Five Guys, which many of you will know because its a big east coast burger place, so I have a income again. So now i can start my build! Right now still in the planning so im going to throw out what i am thinking of getting for my blazer and i would like to have some feed back on what i have thought of. This is what i have in mind:

Rough Country 2.5 inch lift
Rough Country 2 inch body lift
6 KC lights, 2 in the grill 4 up top
Roof Rack, don't know exactly what kind
32 inch tires
Rear mount my spare, or possibly roof mount it
Add a CB
Hitch, not sure what kind
New air intake system
New exhaust

This will take me a while but i will update along the way. So if any of you have feed back on this plan, post it up. This plan is willing to change if there are better or more practical things that any of you think up.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:38 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a good plan, be sure to post pics!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:45 PM

Haha I will as soon as there is actually something to look at! Right now she just be a Stock 99 2door, with a grill guard. Nothing to look at:P

O i forgot to mention that my blazer is only 2wd. I took me months to decied to finally what to do with it.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Last edited by ZaBlazer99; 08-31-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:40 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Nice shopping list.
Just so you know before you start ordering, the lift kit from RC for 2wd is only 2" and different than the 4wd one, the 2wd is lifted with coils in the front the rear is the same as a 4wd with AAL or shackles.
Good luck with your build, can't wait for the pics.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:10 PM

Ya i saw that so i am looking in to another option right now. Some one was talking about a cheap 2wd drive mod that they did that let them run with the 4x4. So we will see what road that will lead me down. First though on my list are new rims i believe, or fabing a roof rack that will be good enough for camping. I'll post when things get rolling.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Default Update!

I decied that it will just be cheaper in fab my own roof rack, materials will cost less than actually buying one. Plus this way I can do whatever i want with it.

Here's the plan:

40x60x5 inch box. The outside of the frame is going to be 1 inch square tubing, the bottom is going to be made out of 3/4 inch square tubing. The front edge of the frame sits right over my head so i am going to add mounts for 4 lights and 1 mount on the back for a back up light. I am going to paint the frame a mate black. This is only going to cost around 90$ instead of 300$ for a new frame.

Right now i am currently getting the supplies together for the frame and getting the paint for the frame and my rims are also going to be painted the same mate black finish. Pictures will soon come.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Just so you have size comparison to go from my rack is a 45x60. I think the extra 5 inches wide makes it look way better. Its up to you though its your truck!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 PM

Im just having a hard time figuring out to actually mount the box to the rail. Can you post up a picture that has your mounts on it?

And if anyone has any ideas of a good way to make a mount for it please post it up!!!

Right now my plan is to use some U-bolts to clamp it down to the rails, I'm just not sure how strong that will be. What do you guys think?

Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I'll get pics tomorrow but that's all that's holding mine is U bolts and I have have zero issues with it.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:15 PM

O really! Thanks that will really help with my plans!

Going to go get the paint today for my wheels!!! Ill do some before and after over the next couple of days

Quick Reply: Operation: Five Guys