Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

opinion's please

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:36 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mod8521
If your thing is suicide doors than do it. It is your truck. A representation of you. Would definitely be a head turner!
No one said don't do it, except for 2 posts above, we're just saying your go-fast stuff should be higher on the priority list.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member
mod8521 is on a distinguished road

I did not mean it that way. I was just saying if thats what he wants dont let anyone tell him different. You are right about of the easiest way to do a build do all you drivetrain and performance mods than body work lastly paint. Run less of a risk of ruining a new paint job. or fender ding from a buddy getting jumpy with a engine hoist. (first hand experience) had to respray a fender!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:33 PM
97_workinprogress is on a distinguished road

lol not liking the sounds of the frnder ding on rand new paint cuz im in the process of painting it right now haha

Old 08-06-2009, 11:38 PM
97_workinprogress is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
Do your 350 swap and bag it first. Your suicide doors can be the icing on the cake before a good paint job if you still have cash to fling around.

off topic: Body drop? Careful, my grandfather had a 1st gen S-series and the body mounts went (involuntary body drop lol), and the body ended up sitting on the tranny and caused some serious vibrations. That, and I've heard you'll need a cowl hood or a 2" body lift to make room for the extra height of the 350, so a body drop may be out of the question for you. Can anyone confirm?
in regards to the body drop i have a buddy here in saskatoon who does body drops for a living and so far all of his work has been amazing. and i was thinking of what sized cowl hood id need for it. i was thinking id go with a 4" cowl just to be on the safe side

Old 08-07-2009, 07:22 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 97_workinprogress
in regards to the body drop i have a buddy here in saskatoon who does body drops for a living and so far all of his work has been amazing. and i was thinking of what sized cowl hood id need for it. i was thinking id go with a 4" cowl just to be on the safe side
I trust your friend then lol... I'd say ask someone with a V8 swap how high of a cowl they needed, then just add the body drop to the height of the cowl... You may end up with some ridiculously huge cowl though, not too sure about options... an LS1 or LT1 wouldn't require anything like that though, just because the intake is lower in the car engines.

mdehoogh has a vette engine in his Blazer and didn't need to do anything body wise... total sleeper *drool*.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by oktain
I trust your friend then lol... I'd say ask someone with a V8 swap how high of a cowl they needed, then just add the body drop to the height of the cowl... You may end up with some ridiculously huge cowl though, not too sure about options... an LS1 or LT1 wouldn't require anything like that though, just because the intake is lower in the car engines.

mdehoogh has a vette engine in his Blazer and didn't need to do anything body wise... total sleeper *drool*.
lol a good photoshop claims another victim.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
lol a good photoshop claims another victim.
now I feel like an idiot

It was a good example though, I've seen LS1 swaps with stock hoods/no body lift.

The truck engine's intake setup gives the engine that extra bit of height.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

I would do all 4 doors...

Old 09-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Xtremechubs is an unknown quantity at this point

you can fit an LS1 under the stock hood but blazers have an 1 1/4 higher engine mounting position than the S10 truck and if you ran the truck intake probably not happening and the truck accessories bracket for the alternator wouldn't fit either.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Beginning Member
1989Blazin is on a distinguished road

How about a suicide hood?

Quick Reply: opinion's please