Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

outcast2WD's 98 LT resurrection...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 AM
outcast2WD is on a distinguished road
Default outcast2WD's 98 LT resurrection...

Well, I rescued her from my Father-in-Law's driveway about a year ago. My Bro-in-law had driven it for a couple years...doing his share of damage and neglect. First, it fell into a ditch...not driven, actually fell. He was stopped for an accident on a narrow backroad and the pavement collapsed...sending the passenger side into the ditch. Crushed fender, broken rear glass, and crumpled part of the roof structure....not letting the door seal at the top. Then...the radiator cracked on the driver's side endtank. Apparently, he thought JB Weld fixed everything. After that...the fuel pump started to go. As it got harder and harder to crank...he decided to park it.

It sat in the driveway for almost two years...with a broken rear window and passenger door not sealing. Hello soggy interior. Not to mention that he used the broken window as an opportunity to toss the trash from his new car. I towed her 65 miles to my place...moldy door panels, soaked carpet, trash, and anything else that was breeding in there along with me. I cleaned it out...filling two cans worth of crap. Since then, she has sat under a tarp in my backyard. Only recently have I had the spare time to start tear-down and fixing the issues....but I'm on my way.

This is the only pic I have right now....I will take and post more when I get home in the AM.......