Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Penny's Build

Old 03-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Beginning Member
Druidic is on a distinguished road
Default Penny's Build

Working on the first mod on the blazer ... well, to be honest, of any of the vehicles I have had lol

We are dash installing a CB where the ashtray would normally be. I will be getting pictures once we are done.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:30 PM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

Sounds good, makes sure you take pictures of the whole car!

Old 03-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Beginning Member

Well.. our pre-mod measurements didn't quite compare to reality... what we thought would have been a perfect fit turned out that the CB was about a quarter inch too wide... (will post pictures of that later when I get them off the phone)

What we are trying to do now is go through where the cassette player used to be before we took it out. It is going to require modifying the molding, but that is easier to replace than modifying the plastic where we were going to mount it in case I screw it up.

Hopefully this goes better... lol

Old 03-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Beginning Member

Here are the pictures that were taken so far

Me taking apart the center console and dash area

And the issues we ran into with the CB install

Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

I've noticed that several devices have a tendency to grow slightly immediately after measurement. Home appliances are the worst, but CB's are now on my watch list

Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Beginning Member

Damn quarter inch...lol

After I had posted working on getting the CB into where the cassette player was, I went back out there, and my wife decided that we should see if we can move the radio down to where the ashtray was, and put the CB up there. So we tear the dash apart, only to find that there is no way that is going to work, depth wise.

Put the dash back together, turn the key on to double check everything is working as it should, we have no illumination lights on the dashboard, and the only time we see anything on the clock was for a couple seconds when turning the car off...

After scratching my head for a while, and checking fuses, we finally figured out what happaned, behind the dash I forgot to plug in on of the sockets... doh....

We'll see what happens in the next few days as to if I can get anything figured out for the CB mount. I have an appointment later today (its already 1:40 in the morning) to get the brakes done.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Beginning Member

Here is a list of possible things I am going to pick up today, depending on if I can find them:

Extra console area where the cassette player was
The gage that displays MPG
Hitch

Maybe other things as well if they catch my eye and I can afford them

Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Beginning Member

That was a bust, neither of the two junkyards had what I was looking for...

I have a guide I'm going to be using for the console piece I currently have, and will be starting to work on getting that cut to fit.