Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

project.....?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 PM
young murph is on a distinguished road
Default project.....?

I've looking around the build section recently and i decided to make my own build thread. i haven't thought of a name yet so if anyone has any ideas let me know. so this is my second blazer, i bought the truck last January, its 2000 trailblazer with 101,000 miles on it, im currently in college and working at a local ACDelco and moneys tight so it'll be slow.

my first blazer.. owned it for a about a week before some guy blew a red light and made a left in front of me

just bought it

blue back up lights. they only lasted a little wile, they looked really cool but it was hard to see with them

6000k HIDs

had to get yellow fogs

Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 PM

i also debadged it and painted the tow hooks and hitch

painted tow hooks..my friends thought it would be funny to shake all the pedals out of the tree and on the my car

i scored some pioneer speakers from my friends saturn only 3 out of the 4 worked but not bad for free

Old 11-18-2009, 10:29 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Alright! The TB looks to be in pretty snazzy shape! not much of an interior shot, but it doesn't look like a 100k vehicle!. the HIDs are bright as hell.... but so are my parking lights when i take a flashless pic pointed right into the beam
Reverse lights look awesome! do they brighten up behind you pretty well?

as for a name... hmm.. ever hear of Murphy's Law? "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."
applied to the first ride so....

**EDIT** love the pic with the pedals... pear blossoms? cherry? dogwood? cool looking though
i had those same speakers before getting the JL's they do a good job of pounding out sound.
i'm not a de-badged fan unless its for a lowered ride, but i'm glad you left the Trail blazer badage on

Last edited by ABN31B; 11-18-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Alright! The TB looks to be in pretty snazzy shape! not much of an interior shot, but it doesn't look like a 100k vehicle!. the HIDs are bright as hell.... but so are my parking lights when i take a flashless pic pointed right into the beam
Reverse lights look awesome! do they brighten up behind you pretty well?

as for a name... hmm.. ever hear of Murphy's Law? "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."
applied to the first ride so....

**EDIT** love the pic with the pedals... pear blossoms? cherry? dogwood? cool looking though
i had those same speakers before getting the JL's they do a good job of pounding out sound.
i'm not a de-badged fan unless its for a lowered ride, but i'm glad you left the Trail blazer badage on
thanks, ill get some interior shots.
the back up lights are just blue rubber covers that i got at the local pep boys if anything they made it harder to see behind me. i took them out and ill prob get LEDS soon..
murphys law, i like that i think i might go with it thanks
i think they are cherry blossoms but im not positive
i like the clean de-badged look but i wanted to leave at least one trailblazer on just to stand out

Old 11-18-2009, 10:59 PM

pretty clean except for some stains and wear in the front seats. the last owner spilled oil or something in the back but i got most of it out

Old 11-19-2009, 01:04 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

DAMN MAN! your ride is MINT! Thats like dealership over priced internet listing clean! I'm amazed. Find who ever had your vehicle before you and punch them in the face for not selling it to me....

Old 11-19-2009, 06:17 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice Tb its in great shape!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:34 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

wow...the TB interiors were nice!! lol. My only pet peve would be that steering wheel. Why wouldn't they make the whole thing tan colored if they're doing a tan color interior lol. It looks stupid!
Other then that nice looking truck man. It's in awesome shape. Being a build thread and all though I don't see a list of plans or stuff to come? Any plans for the TB?

Old 11-19-2009, 08:35 AM

haha thanks guys. its good to hear the complements after i spend so much time cleaning everything and trying to keep it nice, my friends just call me ****

Originally Posted by Sisk
wow...the TB interiors were nice!! lol. My only pet peve would be that steering wheel. Why wouldn't they make the whole thing tan colored if they're doing a tan color interior lol. It looks stupid!
Other then that nice looking truck man. It's in awesome shape. Being a build thread and all though I don't see a list of plans or stuff to come? Any plans for the TB?

yeah i wasn't big on the steering wheel when i got it but it doesnt bother me anymore. i was thinking about getting the carbon fiber replacement but im not sure how that would look

as for a list i dont kno if i wanna lift it or drop it, i like the lowered look but i also like taking it to the beach and trails

i have a lot of mechanical things that need to be done
pitman, idler arm, control arm bushings wheel bearing

i want to tint the tail lights
clear corners
bull bar or brush gaurd with lights
matching nerf bars (only if i decide to lift it)
under coat the frame
i bought the blue leds for the dash and the 120ct from your build thread so i have to put them in
paint the fading grey in my grill
paint the bow tie
maybe tint front windows
flowmasters

Old 11-19-2009, 09:20 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I see you got a cb, but where is the antenna?

Quick Reply: project.....?