Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Dead Reckoning - '87 K5 Blazer Off-Roader Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
yea no kiddin, i paid 2000 for my pile of a project. i'd double check your floor panels too. i thought my back ones were fine. well take a look at my build. needless to say they were not. complete floor panel restoration.

nice looking truck
I know the panels in the cargo section are good the previous owner replaced them already and you can see them plain as day as there is no carpet there anymore, but there will be no carpet when I'm done lol

Old 03-10-2010, 06:59 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Nice Project! Looks like a good one!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 PM

Well today I pretty much just scored this at work (just gotta finalize the details with the owner) (sorry for the crappy pics):

its a 1982 Chevy Custom deluxe C20 the body has seen better days the inner bed is about half rotted out however .... 8 Lug 3/4 ton axles, TH400 Trans, and a fairly fresh 350 make this thing more than worthwhile as a $300 parts vehicle .... I'm also gonna salvage as much interior and body parts as I can as well as any other useful parts I can grab lol

Old 03-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Sounds good for $300.................

Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 PM

Defiantly, I've been hunting for 8 lug axles and they are going from $300 and up per axle so $300 for the whole truck is cool

Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by biohazed

its a 1982 chevy custom deluxe c20 the body has seen better days the inner bed is about half rotted out however .... 8 lug 3/4 ton axles, th400 trans, and a fairly fresh 350 make this thing more than worthwhile as a $300 parts vehicle .... I'm also gonna salvage as much interior and body parts as i can as well as any other useful parts i can grab lol :d
score!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:30 PM

Got the front seats out of it today as well as the console and carpet... some really bad spot esp on the pass side rocker and floor but not as bad as I thought .... gotta get the rest of the carpet, rear panels, and back seat out tomorrow then i can start sheet metal work

Old 03-19-2010, 02:49 PM

here's some pic of the floorboards prior to repair:

trying to get the sheet metal work done and redo some of the patches that were done by the previous owner, actually the floors are worse than the pics depict

Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Beginning Member
K5corey is on a distinguished road

man you ran into some real nice deals (lucky) looks like this is gonna be a sick ride when your done with it. good luck to you

Old 03-24-2010, 11:43 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

The truck looked great in your first picture, i guess it was a 20 foot beauty. good luck with the repairs and great deals

Quick Reply: Project Dead Reckoning - '87 K5 Blazer Off-Roader Project